Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for managing a portion of the company's working capital through AP invoice processing, exception resolutions and vendor reconciliation processes. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Third Party invoices and/or Employee's Expense Reports, provides internal and external customer support, implements process improvement initiatives and proactively manages day to day issues related to vendor accounts. Proactively act on implementation and administration of Company policies and procedures in order to meet the objectives and customers' requirements.
- End-to-end processing of invoices, from receiving and month end reporting to payment and reconciliation.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing vendor invoices
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies with appropriate internal and external resources
- Maintain vendor statements and communicate with vendors when necessary
- Answer vendor and internal customers AP related queries
- Prepare original documents for imaging/filing as instructed
- Process payment information in accordance with the Company's payment terms requirements.
- Review balance sheet accounts and prepare reconciliation
- Work with related parties (procurement and finance) to ensure the clearing of Accounts Payable balances
- Comply with applicable company policies and procedures
- Performs a variety of AP tasks and projects as necessary
- Participate in process improvement projects as requested
- Prepare reporting schedules and resolve audit issues identified by auditors
- Ensure strict compliance with SOX
- Maintain accurate and current documentation, understanding each Financial Hub supported country's legal requirements for document storage
- Fulfill any task assigned by the direct supervisor in accordance with the professional experience and area of expertise
- 1+ year work experience within Accounts Payable, with strong emphasis on PO/ NPO invoice processing and the 3 way match principle
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle high-volume of data entry with high accuracy
- Language requirements: Romanian and advanced in English (comprehension, written and speech).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.