Skills: Structural Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 16 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Île-de-France, France
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: France
1. To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
2. To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he/she is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his activities.
3. To ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
4. To work by anticipation.
5. With the spirit of One TOTAL values, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his/her counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
6. To promote innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along them different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
7. To keep Technical Leader and all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status. To advise the Project Managers on architecture related actions/decisions.
8. To issue and maintain all the necessary technical documentation related to the disciplines.
9. To identify, implement and manage all necessary engineering studies related to flexible and/or subsea structures.
10. During bid stage To review, clarified bidder proposal.be part of the travelling team during the CCFT
11. To supervise and control the detailed engineering by timely reviewing the disciplines-related documentation issued by Contractor (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests...), in order to ensure compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures (when applicable), international norms and standards with the objective to ensure respect of the schedule and to optimize costs without impacting required level of Quality and Safety.
To raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues...
12. To define when applicable the qualification and test programs (test protocols, implementation of results), and to analyze results, deciding on any changes or complement in the program.
13. To participate to project reviews as requested by Company requirements (HAZOP, HAZID, PR...) and prepare or participate in Safety / Technical Audits for his/her disciplines.
14. To liaise and interface actively with other SURF specialists with regard to the disciplines-related matters and on all engineering, procurement, constructability, operability and maintainability matters, in order to ensure consistency of the work.
15. To follow the supply and procurement done by the contractor; to participate of the definition of the QA/QC program in coordination with the Flexible Leader and QA/QC Leader; to participate to inspection as necessary at the various locations.
16. To be a trouble shooter, to assist Company Representatives at fabrication sites and participate to the resolution of any related-discipline problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to advice on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to his discipline. To participate to the resolution of any discipline-related problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to review and give recommendation on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to the disciplines.
17. To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the SURF Packages Leader (progress, concerns), and, as a general manner, anticipates problems, optimizes, improves, offers solutions with regards to his discipline.
18. To participate in the installation, tests, commissioning and handover, assisting the Installation Team during all the Offshore phases of the works.
19. To liaise as necessary with the SURF Interface Engineer for the management of interfaces related to the disciplines.
20. To ensure confidentiality of all the disciplines-related documentation produced (whatever its support).
21. To gather, as requested, 'lessons learnt' and provide feedback to the Engineering and Procurement Leader and other TOTAL E&P entities as required.
Context and environment
The PBF (Project brown field) entity is in charge all brown field project on Block 17 which comprises GIRASSOL, DALIA, PAZFLOR and CLOV field The Block 17 is operated by Total EP Angola (40%) on Block 17 with Statoil (23.3%), Esso, (20%) and BP (16.7%) as partners
The main forecast brown field project are:
- Zinia Ph2 : tie back to PAZFLOR , 5 new producer and 4 new water injection wells
- Dalia Ph3 : tie back to subsea DALIA network 6 new producer wells
- CLOV Ph3: In pre-project phase
- Dalia Ph4 : In conceptual phase
PBF Project will be developed to compensate the decline B17 with the objectives to maximize economical results by optimizing the reserves, the schedule and/or reducing the costs, while maintaining the technical quality of the installation, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
The Angolan content of the work will also be a key factor to its success PBF project execution involves a high level of synergies with TEPA Logistics and Operations entities. Maintaining a clear and efficient communication & scheduling/re-scheduling of the activities is key to project success
The SURF PBF package team will work on all the ongoing PBF projects through a SURF transverse organization. The Service holder will work on several projects at different stage in the same time. The service holder shall be able to work easily in a transverse team.
The service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behavior with regard to H3SE rules and requirements and for ensuring their implementation within his/her scope of responsibility
The service holder is in charge, within the SURF team and under the responsibility of the SURF Technical Leader for all the activities related to the engineering, supply, procurement, manufacture and fabrication of flexible and/or subsea structures and represents the Company technical authority for this discipline (flexible and/or subsea structures).
The service holder will ensure, during detailed engineering, procurement and construction phases, that all deliverables and documents (both internal and external) related to the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of are timely issued and fitted for purpose. He shall ensure compliance of Contractors deliverables and documents with Company H3SE requirements and specifications, with applicable codes and standards and best engineering practices, and with Project specifications wrt these disciplines. He will review deviations to Company specifications or deviations requests/technical queries
The service holder will be the Contractor contact point for all matters related to the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of.
The service holder will participate in the management of disciplines-related engineering interfaces with other concerned disciplines/packages. He is responsible for monitoring the engineering of the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of. He will timely and actively liaise with other specialists of the SURF team in order to ensure consistency of the works.
Duration / Location
Start Date: Jan 2020
Duration: 2 - 3 years
Location: Paris at Contractor's office. Frequent missions to be forecasted due to spread of work package locations.
Professional Experience (years): 20 years in Oil & Gas industry on Offshore Projects / Fields
Experience in similar position (years): 15+ years with sound engineering experience in flexible engineering / fabrication - subsea structures engineering / fabrication
Good organization and communication skills. Good motivational skills. Sound organization ability and respect for planning and budgets
Level / Diploma: Engineer, or equivalent
Languages: English mandatory
HSSE in SURF
Project management (Budget/Cost/Schedule)
Flexible & subsea structures Engineering
Flexible & subsea structures Construction
Knowledge of Company rules/procedures
Installation, Hook-up and Commissioning
Management / negotiation of/with contractors
SURF Production and Operation
Management of external studies
Knowledge of packages interface
With 18 years of activity around the world, Grupo Epalmo, based in Porto, Portugal, is acknowledged in its own country and in the international markets for its competence, accuracy, professionalism and perseverance, being one of the major business groups experienced in Human Resources, Temporary Work, Professional Training, Consulting, Construction and Industrial Maintenance.
Grupo Epalmo has always followed a business dynamic focused on both clients and collaborators, and though mainly directed on the Energy, Industrial and Construction areas, it has been increasing its investments regarding the conquering of new and ambitious goals and markets.
Based always on a spirit of professionalism and supported by a technical and theoretical know-how, Grupo Epalmo, and its highly qualified and motivated teams, is the first to provide services with the aspiration to best serve the clients’ demands, with dedication and consideration.
Operating in more than 20 countries, including Angola, we provide our teams and specialists, for operators in the international energy sector, from Oil & Gas and industrial maintenance, to nuclear and construction.
Grupo Epalmo, Headquarters;
Rua S. Lourenco 12 1 Sala 1 e 6
4446 – 909 Ermesinde – Portugal
Tel: (+351) 229 773 650
Fax: (+351) 229 733 544
For more information's and Resumes Submittals please use the following: