Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist, Production Technologist
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shanghai, China
Responsible for supporting the delivery of technical and/or commercial support services, using sound technical expertise to assist in developing recommended practices, troubleshoot problems and identify improvement opportunities, whilst ensuring processes and procedures align with internal and external requirements.
Purpose of role:
The Senior Technologist, Technology Deployment liaises with Global Technical Support, Global Technology Deployment teams, the CLT (Country Leadership Teams) functions and CLT Technologist tags to provide overall customer technical support, deploy and help launch new products.
The role holder may be required to focus on a specific product area to develop experience and expertise but should also expect to cover different product areas depending on priorities and workload demands.
- Engage directly with sales, marketing and supply chain in the CLT to provide customer support, deploy and help launch new products, provide technical advocacy, support new business opportunities (including technical input to tenders)
- Support CLT Technologist Tags to understand and advise on technology requirements of CLT.
- Deliver technical support to customers to resolve issues, potentially including laboratory work/analysis and interpretation of analytical data and delivery of reports
- Provide product and application advice and support with training to technical network/sales technical staff.
- Provide input to new PD projects, support and monitor proof of performance/customer approval tests, identify suitable finished goods for purchase.
- Support resolution of local raw material shortages, IMT sand quality incidents.
- Provide leadership on the integrity and management of technical data. Support CLT Technologist Tags to ensure that claims are relevant, valid and substantiated for local law and in line with Product Development and Marketing guidance.
- Support the CLT Technologist Tags to deliver the technical communications for new product launches using global materials, adapting where necessary or creating materials to meet local customers requirements, ensuring that the technical benefits land in an impactful way in the CLTs/with customers.
- Maintain technical knowledge of products, applications and competitor information as applicable to responsibilities.
- Coach and mentor less experienced members of the team and share technical knowledge with wider technical community.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong project management experience
- Proven broad experience of lubricant development and technology commercialization and deployment
- Broad knowledge of BP's products (as applicable to the role) their composition, manufacture and application
- Demonstrated a collaborative approach to working and networking with subject matter experts
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience of working across teams