At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Field Service Technician will perform duties in the installation, repair, removal, and maintenance of wellhead equipment on customer well sites. This includes but is not limited to operation, installation, and / or maintenance of company equipment (Wellheads, Valves, Specialty Connections and Piping, Production trees, Chokes, etc.)Essential Responsibilities:
Interfacing between all functions of the company and our customers concerning technical, operational & HSE challenges as applicable to any assignment;
- Mentorship, development and guidance of less experienced peers;
- Prepare reports for Field Service jobs;
- Install, repair, and maintain equipment at the well site;
- Perform valve repair, valve lubrication, and wellhead upgrading;
- Repair, assemble, test and maintain tools and customer equipment on-shore base;
- Organize, select, arrange shipment of and receive tools and equipment;
- Maintain all BH property, including truck, service tools, phone and computer equipment in a clean and ready state;
- Process service tickets and perform administrative functions relating to well records;
- Maintain inventory levels of spare parts for service and rental tools;
- Complete pre-job plan- JAMs and JMPs, ensure procedures and JSAs are carried out for all jobs;
- Promote and perform any field service oriented sales and maintain a confident customer relationship for the company;
- Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations;
- Service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking;
- Highlight and demonstrate a full understanding of GE PC Q/HSE procedures; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management or indicated by responsibilities.
Technical Knowledge/Skill set:
- Trade qualifications in technical or mechanical engineering or applicable heavy industry experience.
- Experience in the installation and repair of flanged well head systems.
- Experience in field repairs to gate valves, and other misc well head equipment.
EMPLOYEE HSE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings;
- Able to confidently run and set, casing slips, and various types of hangers
- Working knowledge of RB2 Lubricator - set and unsetting of BPV/TWC
- Working Knowledge of VR plug removal tool
- Understanding and use of 10k Pressure testing pump unit.
- Reasonable written and verbal communication.
- Sound computer knowledge.
- To exercise reasonable care for their own health, safety and welfare and that of others.
- Follow safety rules, first aid and emergency response procedures.
- Promptly report any hazard, incident/injury or 'near miss' to their Leader.
- Use any equipment provided for health and safety purposes, e.g. Personal Protective
- Cooperate with any actions taken by their employer to comply with the act and regulations.
- Must not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided at the
- workplace in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more