Skills: Research & Development, Chemist, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for providing advanced technical expertise to deliver technical and/or commercial support services, ensuring the effective application of high-end technical skills to key business priorities, supporting associated technology development and deployment, driving incident resolution, identifying and implementing improvement opportunities, whilst ensuring processes and procedures align with internal and external requirements.
- Operate as a subject matter expert with other experts and technologists to; deliver proof of performance testing, deploy products, train the trainer for product launches, support existing technology, customers and new business.
- Provide expert advice in: customer technical support including product recommendation; resolution of application / performance problems; counterfeits; managing quality incidents; product waivers; material substitution; specifications; applications.
- Advise and check the technical accuracy, integrity and approval of external communications, materials used at media events, customer events, product introduction, data sheets and labels.
- Provide input to the development of technical training materials, deliver technical training to the CLTs, coach and mentor less experienced technologists, and share technical knowledge to develop people's capabilities.
- Present technical material at customer events and at external technical seminars/conferences, drive technical advocacy.
- Depending on location role holder may be required to interact with local OEMs maintaining information flow between them and BP, and represent BP at trade associations/Industry bodies ensuring BP's Global interests are addressed and that information is fed back into relevant teams within the BP organization.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in areas of accountability assigned by the Director of China Hub
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong project management experience
- Significant (10 -15 years) and relevant experience in Automotive and Industrial/Marine/Energy
- Proven broad experience of lubricant development and technology commercialization and deployment (mastery)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence teams across diverse cultures
- BPs values and behaviors and leadership expectations