Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for supporting product development through managing a portfolio of development/investigation projects involving the design and development of new products and test methods, using sound technical capabilities to report on and deliver specifications for products that have new or improved performance features or cost advantages, ensuring the delivery of key milestones.Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role
• Management of a portfolio of development projects through effective planning, execution and documenting test programs so that key milestones are delivered on time and on budget.
• Building effective networks with both subject matter experts and operational staff within the technology function to facilitate the delivery of projects, these networks include product testing, deployment, quality, stewardship, intellectual assets, research and compliance.
• Building effective networks outside of the technology function to include: suppliers of goods and services, technical consultancies, OEMs, BP marketing, BP sales, BP Legal.
• Providing technical leadership by coaching and directing the work of less experienced colleagues.
• Develop and share expertise to facilitate continuous improvement within the Development Team
• Specific Product Quality accountabilities as detailed on the GLT role cards
Experience & Expertise
• Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline
• Demonstrated track record in delivering projects focused on product development, engineering or research
• Proven experience of lubricant development, automotive engineering development or product research and technology
• Demonstrate a collaborative approach to working
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Provide evidence of designing novel work programs
• Fluent English and Chinese, preferably German
• Demonstrated experience in Lubricants, Additives or Automotive/Manufacturing industries would be advantageous.
• Good knowledge of automotive, manufacturing and/or systems engineering.
BP is an equal opportunity employer.