Skills: Subsea Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The objective of the Early Engagement (EE) group is to increase the likelihood of securing new contracts through relationship building with customers, understanding their requirements and influencing their execution and specifications through performing Concept, Pre-FEED and FEED studies.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and operationally to the Regional Delivery Manager, the Study Manager is responsible for the successful management & execution of Proposals, Studies and Front End Projects in support of Early Engagement opportunities.
- Manage studies in the Concept, pre-FEED and FEED stages of a Project
- Lead multi-disciplinary study teams consisting of engineering, commercial, planning and execution resources
- Act as focal point with customers throughout the execution of the studies and ensure commercial and technical aspects are considered and appropriately balanced
- Liaise with other Baker Hughes departments, globally, for project support
- Provide study technical overview and assistance where required
- Manage study resources and assign work to the team
- Monitor and control study hours budgets, costs and project expenses
- Implement management of change and manage associated costs
- Approve project technical and project management documentation, drawings and deliverables
- Liaise and report Study progress and performance to the Regional Delivery manager and the Customer
- Manage seamless handovers to Tendering or Project Execution organisations
- Increase OFE visibility in the market place through technical presentations to potential customers with a view to performing pre-FEED & FEED studies
- Co-ordinate with Product Managers to input to New Product Introduction (NPI) & Product Line Extension (PLE) programs in line with potential customer requirements
- Participate in trade shows and provide technical competence in customer discussions
- Implement all HSSE aspects of the project
- Support Customer Engagement teams with Commercial / Technical support, based on a full understanding of OFE capabilities, together with the rest of the EE team
- Manage Early Engagement proposal / tender activities
- Provide support as required to the other Commercial teams within Baker Hughes
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Baker Hughes Quality Management Systems
Qualifications / Requirements
- Previous experience in consultancy or front-end customer engagement, tendering and team management
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate discipline with 10+ years relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Practical knowledge of all aspects of the Subsea Systems Engineering Lifecycle from New Product Initiation, Tender development, Project Engineering, System Integration Testing, commissioning, and operations
- Proven technical understanding of Subsea Production Systems
- Broad knowledge of processes, methods and procedures within project management
- Proven experience in commercial and/or technical roles within the Oil and Gas industry (Subsea or SURF preferred)
- Study or consultancy experience
- Industry knowledge / competitive landscape understanding
- Ability to influence and lead cross functional teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent networking and team working skills
- Health, Safety, Security & Environment awareness
- Desire to learn, flexibility and confidence working outside defined parameters
- Ability to put issues into context, challenge established norms and work creatively to overcome potential challenges
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in Subsea Oil & Gas projects and/or operations
- Offshore experience is an advantage but not essential
- Willingness to travel
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more