Skills: Chemical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Process Engineer, Process Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Zhuhai, Guangdong, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for providing Control & Automation expertise to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying sound engineering judgement to drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.Responsibilities:
Plant Optimization and trouble-shooting through PCC Applications and Automation.
• Develop and implement new and innovative process control concept/programs for improving plant results.
• Perform design and engineering and application of advanced process control to maximize plant profits and efficiency.
• Develop all aspect of process control improvement designs and practices implemented at the plant.
• Propose and conduct plant tests to verify or demonstrate process control improvement ideas.
• Support and troubleshooting for the DCS system configuration & graphics, logic systems, training simulator and engineering projects.
• Provide technical support including design/configuration to project team for new process control applications
• Provided assistance to Operations in trouble-shooting plant control problems.
HSE and continuous improvement
• Report any unsafe condition, potential environmental problem, any opportunities and propose recommendation to improve in his/her work area based on his/her knowledge, experience and lesson learnt.
• Follow HSSE & O&S guidelines to review and develop safety related process/operation to meet group standards.
• Report unsafe conditions and potential environmental problems.
• Lead the implementation of process control measure which enhancing process safety and environment control.
• Actively participate in process safety activities and HAZOP reviews.
• Provide process control consultation and support to both internally and externally within BP as well as share the best practices.
• Mentor new/junior staff and provide appropriate training.
• Deal with other companies or vendors on process control business.
• Respect others as equals without consideration of positions or educational background.
• 4 years of College graduated, majored in Control engineering, or equivalent discipline.
• 5 to 8 years work experience in the chemical processing industries or related field is required.
• Good understanding/knowledge and working experience of chemical processing
• Outstanding process engineering knowledge and skill;
• Strong coaching, influencing coordination skill, and work well with people in different team.
• A demonstrated technical understanding of plant operations, process engineering essentials, and chemical processing technologies.
• Expert understanding of DCS system configuration & graphics control configuration graphics, DCS control algorithms, logic systems, advanced loop tuning, and empirical process modelling.
• A demonstrated understanding of fundamentals of economics and elements that drive plant profitability and business objectives.
• Respect for and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Language skill-skillful English reading, writing; fluent mandarin speaking;
• Familiar with Microsoft office is essential
• A good team player, willing to learn and teach others.