Skills: HR - General
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary duties of the Global Mobility Specialist I are to ensure that the Global Mobility needs of operations and employees are being supported and to support the daily function of immigration, assignments, and relocations for Oceaneering Global Mobility Department.
The Global Mobility Specialist I will have a broad knowledge of project resourcing and will be able to explain published policies and procedures. They will be expected to solve routine issues independently and complex issues with guidance and supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide operational support to Global Mobility Lead for all assignments
- Coordinate assignment process with assignees and all departments that are involved
- Initial communications with manager on timeline and process
- Initial communications with employee on timeline and process
- Manage the assignment package process with both manager and employee
- Manage expectations on delivery time frame
- Serve as Lead on all Non Immigrant and Immigrant immigration processes globally
- Provide the required documentation to the applicable vendor and candidates through Immigration Process
- Maintain regular communication with Global Mobility team, immigration lawyers and HR team to execute Immigrant and Non Immigrant work permits within the specified timeframes
- Prepare documents, correspondence, reports, agreements and spreadsheets as needed for Immigration and Assignments
- Coordinate relocation packages with employee and all departments involved
- Initial communications with manager on timeline and processes
- Initial communications with employee on timeline and processes
- Prepare relocation package and hold conversations with employee and manager
- Track critical deadlines and initiates follow-up actions in a timely manner
- Research, collect data, and create reports to inform management
- Ensure files (employee files, country files, etc.) are up-to-date and in accordance with government guidelines and company policy
- Oversee Global Mobility vendors
- Handle and respond to inquiries from assignees and external vendors
- Bachelor Degree in HR or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience with HR and/or Immigration
- Global Mobility experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.