Baker Hughes has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic - Motors Manufacturing at our facility in Oklahoma City, OK to meet demand for downhole motor components. This position will support equipment installation, TPM and maximize machine uptime. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence to EHS policies and guidelines such as but not limited to, LOTO, Permit to Work, PPE, Rolling Equipment, and Rotating Equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Experience working with automated and semi-automated equipment and machines.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work with vendors to install equipment including CNC machines and process equipment.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- 4+ years of experience as a maintenance technician.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated experience in executing preventive maintenance on mechanical and electromechanical equipment / systems in an industrial setting.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and electromechanical equipment / systems in an industrial setting.
- Demonstrated ability to follow all established safe work procedures including, but not limited to personal protection equipment, permit to work, safety lockout/tag-out, confined space, and elevated work areas.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical parts manuals such as electrical and mechanical diagrams, gages, meters, calipers and other measuring tools.
- Use all required hand and power tools including, but not limited to: drill, saw, torch, and jacks, as well as ladders, cranes, high lift, and other maintenance equipment.
- Willing to work across shifts to support plant uptime, and output goals.
- 1st Shift, 6:30AM-2:30PM
- Competent with TIG, MIG and Stick welding, OA and plasma cutting.
- Technical Training Certification / Associates Degree
- Industrial electrical experience: 3ph 480
- High energy with strong ownership of unplanned downtime metric.
Oklahoma City, OK