Skills: Commercial Management, Logistics Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Logistics Analyst for a one year contract in Calgary, AB.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The Logistics Analyst will be supporting the schedulers who manage the logistics via rail and truck through North America including commodities such as asphalt, diesel, ethanol, pet coke, and sulphur. This individual will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Logistics and responsible for logistics support activities including those noted below.
- Freight Requests
- Fuel Surcharge
- Maintenance of the freight rate tables
- Management of the Multi Year Rail Contract KPIs
- Account status with all Canadian and US railroads
- Tariff Updates
- System Updates
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelors of Commerce/Business, Economics, Supply Chain
- A minimum of 2 years of experience within, logistics, transportation, distribution and/or supply chain
- Strong Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to multi task whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Well organized and have excellent planning and decision making skills
- Proven track record of creating, monitoring and reporting on KPIs, dashboards and other financial and operational metrics
NICE TO HAVE:
- 1-5 years of scheduling experience specific to rail transportation, scheduling and empty pipeline management
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certification
- Experience and knowledge of Geometrix Rail Logistics System
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience with accounting, verification of invoices
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.