Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Accounting, Sales
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
To ensure Baker Hughes customers' needs are met or exceeded. To maximize Baker Hughes market share and profits within assigned accounts. To maintain and grow the company's status as the recognized leader within the oil service industry.
· Technical and commercial knowledge essential
· Responsible for calling on assigned customers including buyers, non-buying, and influencers (target 60% of your time should be in front of the customer). Primary customer contact should be at the buyer level.
· Responsible for gathering all required information from each assigned customer, completing necessary documentation, and creating the preliminary job design (hand drawings, brief outline, pre-job sheets, and pricing instructions).
· Review the preliminary job design with operations personnel to ensure that the proposed solution is feasible and confirm with the customer that the solution meets their needs.
· Responsible for ensuring that all proposals produced are accurate and complete. This includes ensuring that appropriate analyses have been performed, and that solution designs will result in beneficial outcomes for both the customer and Baker Hughes.
· Review technical proposals and resolve issues with customers to obtain orders.
· Review post job material with the customer on every job and have the customer complete an Onshore Performance Evaluation Form.
· Responsible for assisting with the analysis, design and implementation of product line accounts.
· Responsible for providing sales and budget forecast information for FY planning.
· Responsible for entering Client Report information on a daily basis in order to document customer contact activity.
· Responsible for identifying selling opportunities and client intelligence for all product lines in an account. Reporting these opportunities to management and other product line representatives.
· Attend all sales and operations meetings as required.
· Follow-up on "problem jobs" and customer complaints to ensure they are properly resolved.
· Approve draft invoices within one week of completion of the invoice.
· Attend morning meetings when required
· Responsible for developing and implementing account plans for all assigned accounts for :
1. Specific product line sales goals.
2. Customer initiatives and anticipated needs.
3. Strategies to service targeted buyers, non-buyers, and influencers.
· Provide Marketing and Product Line Management with frequent, timely feedback on account performance (share, potential, and competitive position) in order to facilitate planning.
· Participate in account-specific sales meetings with the appropriate Company Representatives on an as-needed basis.
· Call on key account buyers / influencers, and when necessary coordinate account team sales calls.
Sales Performance Monitoring
· Provide product line sales performance information.
· Deal Machine interface for Baker Hughes activity within assigned accounts
· Degree level qualified desirable or equivalent experience.
· Engineering qualification preferred
· Experienced in Completions product line (Cased hole, Intelligent Production Systems, Wellbore Construction, Sand Control), a specific product line based discipline or equivalent.
· Offshore experience or equivalent desirable
· Good working knowledge of all Microsoft office packages.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written with ability to work well with colleagues and customers
· Ability to work in a team (both own function and across other functional teams) as well as being able to work on own initiative to provide solutions and resolve problems
· Ability to influence and negotiate with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
· Strong planning and organisational skills
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more