Skills: Commercial Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for all aspects of ITO contract management for the FPS business (Europe or MENAT depending on role allocation and successful candidate) including proposal development, risk management and mitigation, specification and terms compliance, scope development, cost estimating and pricing strategies and customer negotiations.
- Work as a key member of the Global Commercial Team in support of achieving the Region's Sales, Order and Margin targets for the FPS Business.
- Own the Region Strategy and implementation - driving the Capture Planning, Long Term Deal Prioritization and Early Engagement pipeline processes
- Lead proposal generation for flexible pipeline products, systems and solutions for fluid transportation across the FPS business and develop winning strategies while ensuring compliance with established guidelines for the Risk management process. Actively participate in contract negotiations with customers as needed.
- Interface with the Region teams and headquarter functions such as Sales, Pricing, Risk, Legal, Commercial Finance and OTR teams to develop commercial strategies and solutions that will match Customer requirements while meeting or exceeding business goals.
- Provide leadership during the deal review process with special emphasis on ITO risk review process requirements and guidelines to ensure that all technical and commercial risk points, risk mitigation, and business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, pricing, terms and conditions, and contract text.
- Continuously identify and refine the proposal processes across the Core business, with special emphasis on Lean opportunities for improvement.
- Enforce order-booking requirements and drive an improved OTR turnover process to ensure proper control of contract flow-down requirements.
- Orders, Sales, and Margin $'s
- Compliance with ITO risk review process
- Proposal quality, timeliness (VTW), cycle time, Hit Rate/Win Rate.
- Proven experience in Commercial Operations at a Senior level
- Experience within the O&G industry preferred
- Engineering, business, technical (or equivalent experience) degree from an accredited educational institution
- Strong writing, organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated team leadership
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel for business needs
- Experience in a commercial role
- Experience within O&G businesses
- Proven Sales and Commercial Experience Track Record
- Other language skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more