Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary purpose of the job is to process the Certification Packages required to ship Grayloc products to customers. Additional activities include the examination and filing of process reports and conduct of document control activity related to specific customer orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and process Certificates of Conformance and associated certificate packages.
- Provides customer service for the preparation/issuance of reports, and other documents as required
- Prepares, releases control and distributes all customer data book deliverables
- Examine received reports against stated criteria and file according to procedure
- Respond to customer feedback on certification package issues and resolve
- Interact with web-based databases and operations portals to upload and download critical documentation
- Setup and maintain an appropriate document control process to track documentation throughout the product or service lifecycle in order to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Recommends and assists in the establishment of uniform procedures and practices
- Define / identity, record, track and inform the Quality process the following:
- Non conformances, in document control (compliance deviation on requirements, customer transmittal etc),
- Maintain the QMS system by reviewing, verifying, approving, and developing or facilitating the development of procedures, as necessary.
- Support the organization's drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance.
- Perform internal auditing duties where scheduled
- Provide support service for inspection and certification management for studs/nuts
- Provide support service for PMI inspection activity for producing certification for customer orders.
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
Reports to the GPA Quality Manager.
- High standard of literacy and numeracy in English language evidenced by secondary education
- Ability in problem solving resolution and prioritization of work
- Experience of working in an environment such as oil & gas products, automotive, medical device is preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role
- ISO 9001 experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to utilise standard computer documentation programmes e.g. Microsoft Excel / Word, Abode Acrobat etc.
- Capable of interacting with web-based databases and operations portals to upload and download critical documentation
- Has a high standard of attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to operate under time pressures and consistently meet challenging deadlines
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively to ensure that work flow is maintained in order to meet established deadlines and timescales
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.