Skills: Logistics Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: MONTROSE, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Role Summary/ Purpose
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. BHGE is looking at a right first time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
The Logistics operations leader will be responsible for the setting the strategy for safe global movement of Subsea and Services products and safe operations at Montrose Port. Subsea and Services product lines deliver goods to our customers in many remote locations where infrastructure is not fully established. In these cases we need to ensure all out of gauge and heavyweight material movements are delivered to end point safely.
Location: Montrose UK Requirement of around 25% travel required.
- Review of all current procedures for material movements over all modes ie Road, Air Ocean,
- Update/upgrade the material movement processes to ensure highest safety standards
- Ensure all material movement processes are documented
- Set up training for users on any material movements using MHE, trucks, ocean vessels and air
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure all are aware of the process for safe movement of materials eg Sourcing, Project Management, Quality, HSE, in country logistics teams, Freight Forwarders and external customers.
- Standardise the box and pack and preservation requirement over all global sites.
- Work with Sourcing on supplier packing standards
- Design certification process for box and pack and preservation training
- Responsible for safe loadouts at Montrose Port for company
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure safe loadouts
- Provide best practice for unloads in destination country
- Review truck load and unload process and to ensure we have safe methods of working
- Act as Montrose port security representative for the company
- Review the current baseline of HSE requirements for our preferred carriers over all modes. Ie Road, Ocean and Air.
- Work with regional and in-country logistics teams present Logistics HSE operations template at ITO
- Generate a standard ITO operating template for an in-country logistics plan incorporating, local infrastructure, local logistics service providers, route management, vessel unload experience, use of subcontractors, such as MWS, welders, stevedores.
- Ensure the development and continual improvement of systems and procedures for operating and managing information, processes, physical facilities, and equipment.
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and BHGE best practices
- Bio security audit for Australia shipments
In addition to General Responsibilities;
- Knowledge of OOG and heavy weight loading processes
. - Knowledge of Regional requirements for all Countries Onshore Lifting operations
- Regional Health & Safety requirements to be met regarding Inspection of Lifting equipment i.e. LOLER for the UK
- Applicable Regional Standards and Certification requirements.
- Knowledge of Conventions impacting Lifted and Lifting Equipment for Offshore, On Vessels and Docks.
- Rejection criteria for Lifting Equipment by Region.
Share lessons learned project to project
- Countries have been identified that equipment will transit during the lifetime of the Project and agreed and the confirmation that the lifting equipment will be compliant for use.
- Knowledge of Biosecurity requirements of each Country goods will enter/transit.
- Test Equipment:
- Knowledge of requirements for the temporary importation of Test equipment into Countries.
- Management of the Storage, Preservation and Preventative Maintenance of products that will sit in Short, Medium or Long-Term Storage before delivery to COMPANY against the Logistics Plan with regards to Biosecurity specifically Australia.
Drive down overall logistics spend and premium transport by forecasting logistics transport needs.
Control logistics costs in line with project budget
Provide ITO team with logistics plan
Share lessons learned project to project
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business
- Experience of logistics/freight forwarding project environment
- Relevant experience in Manufacturing, Oracle Knowledge (DRP/Demand Forecast planning) would be beneficial
- Strong knowledge of Logistics, Distribution, Import & Export regimes and International Trade Compliance
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills with people management skills
- Good communication & interpersonal skills with different hierarchy of people and clients
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Strong in HSE and Operational excellence execution
- Good Knowledge of Business process, Management and financial reporting
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills and Word documentation
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and work load
- Working with overseas agents/third parties
- Awareness of IMDG shipment of materials by sea; ADR by land plus CAA shipment of materials by air.
- Experience in dealing with inco-terms
- Computing skills with a view to compile/track/update detailed spreadsheets (excel).
- Client facing role, experience in dealing directly with clients, suppliers and other internal Product Groups.