Discover how our diverse, talented people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our world-class team. Join our team and advance your career as a Business Analysis Specialist(preferred location in UK or Germany)
BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models.
You are responsible for gathering, defining and managing business requirements from stakeholders, using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies. You then make sure that the IT&S products and solutions that are delivered meet business needs as well as business users' expectations. You are responsible for the "silent running" of the GSD MI template applications in accordance with established service levels with the business. You strengthen and enrich your business domain, methods & tools, using your business modelling knowledge in your role.
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
- You will work within an agile delivery squad focused on the GSD MI global solution.
- This role will interact directly with our customers, GSD development teams and solution architects, business product owners and 3rd party vendors.
Be a high-performing technical individual who will develop the capability of your teams to deliver the most agile and commercially cost-effective solutions. Demonstrated leadership through delegation, motivation and trust are expected of every leader at BP. You will not just lead, but you will "do". Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day. You will ensure personal and team compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate your leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours. Relationships:
You will act as the main interface for all facets of Business Analysis within your area of accountability. You will develop and maintain a series of internal and external stakeholder relationships, delivering expertise knowledge to support project delivery. The role requires thought leadership, ability to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way. You manage dependencies, risks and issues across teams using various methodologies and scrum of scrum techniques for effective mitigation. Business Analysis:
You will help create the product, solution roadmap and vision requirements via expertise and Agile business analysis principles. You will facilitate the creation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming. You will help define sprint goals and facilitate Agile ceremonies to ensure objectives are met. You will make sure that what has been delivered meets the stated user story acceptance criteria.
You facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team using scrum of scrum techniques for mitigation. Organising sprint reviews to provide visibility and collect feedback will also be one of your priorities. Technology:
You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for the Business Analysis chapter and ensuring best practice is shared across the team. Safety and Compliance:
Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.In the Business Analysis Specialist
role, we have the following requirements
- You are educated to degree-level and/or have equivalent relevant work experience.
- You are an Agile business analysis/Agile analysis Practitioner.
- You are a Practitioner of design thinking.
- You have experience in SAP BW technologies, preferably in an Agile environment.
- You have strong BW on HANA/BW/4HANA experience coupled with one or more of the following:
- SAP BW HANA modelling and optimization scenarios including Hybrid scenarios
- Very good SQL Scripting & ABAP skills
- Successful delivery of full project life cycles on medium & large size projects with implementation and support experience.
- Previous experience working as a Technical Lead within an SAP Analytics environment.
- Proven and strong client facing skills with experience delivering presentations to clients.
- Assisting & sometimes leading and coordinating integrated workshops and requirements gathering exercises.
- You have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to present and articulate at all levels of the organization - and a track record to prove it.
- You work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- You can resolve conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- You can bring strong evidence of working as a team player and you're comfortable working in a virtual global team environment.
- You have the self-motivation to work with limited supervision.
- You create documentation to efficiently communicate requirements and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You initiate, plan and develop Business Analysis activities in support of strategic initiatives.
- Ideally, you have experience with TFS or similar tools such as Jira.
- The position is location independent, travelling might be required up to 50% of time.
At BP we provide
the following environment & benefits to you:
- a company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the mindset of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- possibility to join our social communities and networks
- chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- learning opportunities, language courses and other development opportunities to shape and advance your career path
In IT&S we are committed to providing flexibility for our employees. Agile or flexible working encompasses a wide range of working options which support individuals in reaching their full potential. It is more than ad-hoc home office opportunity or part-time working possibility, it is about finding the best way and role modelling BP's IT technology to get a job done, that works well for both our business and our employees.
Apply now to our team and lead BP through the biggest modernization of our decade!