SAFTWARE ENGINEER Job Purpose
This role is responsible for Install, Upgrade and configure SCADA and Production Optimization Systems in Oil and Gas companies. Handling the communication between devices and servers. Understanding the controller types "PLC, VSD, RTU, etc. working in debugging, C#, SQL, Oracle, HTML5, PowerShell, TypeScript and IIS.
JOB LOCATION : BAHRAIN Duties & Responsibilities
Experience & Education Required:
- Install, Upgrade and configure SCADA and Production Optimization Systems.
- Able to troubleshoot issues related to SCADA Hardware and Radio communications.
- Able to work on network and communication setup at the well location by perform site visits and come up with communication setup solution.
- Interact with Customers to understand and troubleshoot Product Issues.
- Provide custom solutions, utilities and system integration using scripts along with the procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Identify cause of problem reported by debugging Program/Scripts and if necessary correct them or report them to the developers.
- Provide support to internal and external clients working on consulting projects which use the company's optimization software.
- Gain a firm understanding of Production Optimization Products and how it works from the users Perspective.
- Train users in system usage and administration.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Help field support/clients with upgrading and configuring the software.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/ Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation / and related streams with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience in deploying and debugging Enterprise software in Microsoft Environment.
- Excellent debugging /knowledge of .Net, C#, SQL, Oracle, HTML5, PowerShell, TypeScript and IIS.
- Microsoft Server OS knowledge.
- SQL Server Management Experience.
- Experience in integrating applications.
- Knowledge of Windows programming environment.
- Knowledge of Web Security, Authentication and Authorization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to calmly manage crisis situations.
- Ability to plan and organize daily and weekly tasks.
- Windows OS administration and support
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industry - Production
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience in SCADA, Protocols such as MODBUS, OPC
- Experience in RTUs, PLCs, communication configuration and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and web applications?
- Experience in Data Analytics, BI
- Experience in CygNet, LOWIS, ForeSite or similar software
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industry
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.