Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for supply chain leaders from top tier EPC organisations who have experience in managing end-to-end supply chain activities on major capital projects. In this Centre of Excellence role, you will connect the dots between EPC, logistics, materials management; both on individual projects in your region as well as holistically across 30+ major projects in 6 countries with a capex of $20bn+.
Supply Chain is a critical enabler for Shell to achieve its ambition to become the World Class Investment Case. Manage Supply Chain (MSC) Team is the newly formed Global Centre of Excellence supporting the delivery of a competitively differentiated inbound Supply Chain for Shell. The group works across Lines of Business: Upstream, Integrated Gas/New Energies, and Downstream, operated and non-operated ventures; and is responsible for delivering Supply Chain strategies and solutions, including innovations and digitalisation, to drive aspirational targets of the company, to catch up with- or even beat leading supply chains like Technology (Amazon, Uber), Automotive (BMW) and Fast Mover Consumer Goods (Unilever).
When you picture the future of Supply Chain - robotics, Internet of Things, machine learning, 3D printing, and blockchain probably come to mind. As we continue the transition towards a faster-paced and connected world a new agile ways of working are required to adopt these and other technologies in MSC. We promote a mindset that prioritizes frontline obsession, innovation & replication, simplicity & focus, and long-term problem-solving. Hands-on support, driving intimacy with business partners across all Lines of Businesses, and co-creating solutions that transform Shell's Supply Chain - it is what we do.
This is a reason why we are looking for you: committed to driving business bottom line improvements, having a strong appetite to apply end-to-end supply chain thinking and a desire to introduce innovative and externally competitive concepts.
If you are a dynamic team player, who skilfully manages cross-functional and cross-company complexity, understands connections and interdependencies inside the organization and is ready to drive joint solutions with suppliers and external business partners - our team is the place for you.
The purpose of the role is to deliver end-to-end MSC in Projects to ensure predictable outcomes on safety, affordability, schedule, and operational performance. A focus on bulk materials and engineered equipment in a global supply chain environment to support project execution; world-class scale and technically complex materials and equipment presenting many challenges integrating across many business functions including HSSE, Project Services, Finance, Engineering (appropriate specification), Quality (manufacturing excellence), On-time & Cost-effective Delivery, Material Handling, Warehousing, Preservation, and Delivery to the workface.
Develop a vision of what MSC means for Projects and a regional roadmap to deliver this. This includes planning, expediting, people/material movement, digital enablers, and E2E SC readiness during project-to-asset handover.
- Pre-DG3 and FEED;
- Define the MSC strategy and implementation plans for Projects across RDS in conjunction with CP IG, Projects & New Energies and Regional SME Logistics teams and ensure fit for purpose implementation;
- Leverage synergies working with Project CP Lead & Regional Logistics SME and participate in the MSC Strategy Selection and Sourcing & Award process, applying and replicating best practices across Projects;
- Ensure MSC strategies for spares, BOMs, surplus, warehouse, track & trace, equipment, etc are adequately represented in EPC(M) ITT and contracts;
- Leverage experiences, best practices, and learnings from recent projects, such as Pennsylvania Chemicals, in the procurement and materials management strategy, as part of the overall project contracting strategy. Consider engineering specifications, manufacturing requirements, sustainability, HSSE e.g. T&L, local content and local sourcing requirements.
- Thoughtful input to the requirements of warehousing and laydown requirements during executing and operate phases
- During Project Execution;
- Identify potential value leakage and improvements in MSC process and provide support to CP Project Lead and Contract Holder in addressing them;
- Apply MSC expertise to Contract Management Plan and Contract/ Business Performance Review. Work with CP Project Lead and Project Logistics lead to set strategic direction, performance targets and on the resolution of issues with contractors on MSC.
- Develop and implement MSC plan with Project CP/MM/Logistics lead and Project Logistics Lead and ensure adoption by Project Managers, Construction Managers, and Engineers of the fundamental principles, processes, and procedures.
- Be engaged and involved in the flagship projects to provide ongoing support, not as an auditor, but as a key stakeholder whose success (5+3) is based on the success of the projects the MSC Lead is supporting
- Monitor, assure, and support the EP(CM) contractor's MSC implementation (material mgt, warehousing, preservation, surplus management activities) to ensure projects are delivered within budget and in good operational condition;
Location and travel
This role will be based from our U.S Head office in Houston. This role will partner very closely with the upstream assets so extensive travel across the Americas region will be required in order to build relationships with and understand your internal customers.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through the transparent recruitment processes, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
The ideal candidate will be a senior supply chain manager from a leading EPC organisation. You will have developed and implemented SC strategy for major projects and will have end-to-end project management experience where EPC is the main component but additionally coordinates the plans for onboarding support services, connecting logistics across multiple parties (fabrication yard, equipment suppliers and coordination of laydown areas)
What we need from you
- A holistic understanding of the total SC, including E2E materials lifecycle and logistics design;
- Experience in working in a project environment and managing various aspects of an EP, EPC, EPCm agreement(s);
- Experience in development of SC strategy and implementation for projects and major events such as Turnaround and Campaigns;
- Ability to quickly develop strong relationships with diverse stakeholders across projects landscape and various business functions that make-up project supply chains
- Aptitude to be an "SME" or Supply Chain consultant that performs strategic analysis, identifies and applies new concepts across a variety of often dis-connected functions, can design & build tools for establishing & managing integrated & robust supply chains especially in an EP/EPC/EPCm environment
- Knowledge of how a quality materials management plan/execution and construction contracting strategy and tactics effects or benefits advanced workface planning
- Experience in managing contracts and driving contractor performance improvement;
- Experience in Contracting & Procurement - i.e. sourcing suppliers, issuing tenders (RFQ's, RFP's), issuing purchase orders and contracts, expediting)
Candidates will exhibit the MSC behaviors:
• Frontline Passion
• One Team
• Simplicity and Focus
• Innovate & Replicate
• Fix for the long haul
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video