At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
We are recruiting a Software Engineer to join the Industrial Sensors Engineering Team, which consists of a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers including Mechanical, Electronic and Software engineers. The team works collaboratively with the China Engineering Team and the Product Management function to develop products to grow the Industrial business through both Custom Product Opportunities (CPO) and New Product Introductions (NPI).Essential Responsibilities:
- Provided technical software engineering solutions.
- Ensuring requirements are translated correctly into cohesive development & verification solutions.
- Experience of implementing embedded firmware with an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS).
- Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#)
- Implementation of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
- Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
- Potential to work upon the development, programming and debugging of software including:
- Embedded platforms (including use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.)
- Mobile/Tablet platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux).
- Web applications (e.g. Java, C#, Spring, Maven, etc).
- Desktop software (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio).
- Verification and testing of software/firmware (e.g. Robot Framework).
- Solid commercial experience using SW development full-lifecycle, including requirements and reviews
- Development of STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller software
- Knowledge of hardware level interfacing (e.g. device drivers)
- Production of architectural and detailed designs
- Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities
- Time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
- Awareness of cybersecurity related issues and potential countermeasures
- Work within an Agile development environment
- Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT) using industry recognised software.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
- Development of instrumentation and sensor/metrology related software solutions
- Experience with Change and Configuration tools
- Reviewing marketing information and creating design specifications
- Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
- Manufacturing support and ability to solve manufacturing related problems quickly
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more