Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute material planning activities for assigned critical items, using advanced planning system;
- Give support and collaboration to the team in developing the material planning process
- Coordinate input on material shortages, farm out and delivery of hardware;
- Collaborate with global commodities leader to implement frame agreement
- Identify and react to material plans that do not meet customer requirements;
- Monitor implementation of corrective action plans;
- Monitor supply and demand misalignment using advanced planning system and collaborate with MFG, SOU and P&L to implement corrective action plans;
- Act as a focal point and monitor assigned areas to ensure hardware and subassemblies delivery dates meet production needs;
- Analyze and measure the current production status and identify problem areas that inhibit full schedule realization;
- Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce total costs;
- Support inventory leader in order to analyze and reduce slow moving and excess stock
- Run MRP weekly and manage all MRP suggestions, creating Purchase requisition and Production orders without compression.
- Take ownership of manufactured inventory to ensure minimal inventory levels, accuracy, and service level optimization
- Work with purchasing team to drive the right RAW material stocking policy
- Demonstrable experience in a similar environment
- Strong customer satisfaction attitude
- Proven track record of management by metrics
- Proven leadership ability.
- Excellent problem solving skills, sound judgment, initiative and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills.
- High energy and aggressive approach to issues.
- Individual must be a self-starter, creative and clear thinker.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, with significant experience in a logistics / supply chain management) or equivalent knowledge and experience
- OMLP Graduate
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification
- Demonstrated Values
- APICS qualified or similar
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more