NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking Project Engineer for a contract role in Fort Saskatchewan, AB. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Business Development, Operations, Engineering and other internal groups to support the development and implementation of new projects
- Experience working on the rotation of a 6 inch butane transfer.
- Manage AFE and internal project management systems, including design, cost estimates, reporting, construction, and commissioning efforts for viable projects
- Ensure projects are completed safely, with minimal environmental impact, within all rules, regulations and industry best practices, on budget, on time, and are an operational success
- Support the ongoing development of Engineering and Technical Standards
- Complete operating cost estimates for new business opportunities
- Respond to field and office technical requests as required
- Knowledgeable in all current operating standards, codes, rules and regulations that impact pipeline and Crude facilities
- Engineering degree in an applicable discipline, professional engineering designation and eligible for registration in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
- Minimum 8 years of experience, in one or more of the following areas; pipeline, gas processing and drilling activities including directly related experience in design, construction and project management.
- NGL experience
- Familiarity with labor, safety and environmental regulations and a working knowledge of both Canadian and U.S. codes and standards for pipelines.
- Team orientation with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a challenging/matrix environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making and negotiating skills as well as excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Motivated, innovative and capable of handling several assignments, managing a diverse range of stakeholders/contractors, and prioritize demands and workload are key competencies.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.