The Fleet Leader will be responsible for the overall resource planning of the Reel fleet, Fork Lift Trucks, Straddle Trucks, and hired 3rd Party Access Equipment (Cherry Pickers, Scissor Lifts) on the Newcastle Site. The position will require an understanding of planning, logistics, forecasting and maintenance amongst others which will lead to the development and overall management of the onsite and offsite fleet. The Fleet Leader will also liaise with commercial, projects and planning to ensure that plant capability meets the future operational needs of the business.Essential Responsibilities:
- Apply the EHS principles in the framework of the fleet management programme, relating to reel handling and equipment operation
- Development of Reel Tracking system (onsite & offsite) to improve visibility of Reel Returns related to Project/Customer Requirements
- Coordination of onsite Yard Activities to ensure effective day to day operations.
- Management of Under-rollers and Hub-drive equipment for yard spooling activities
- Ensuring Onsite Reel capacity and Offsite Storage aligns with Loadout and Reel Return requirements
- Improve productivity across all areas in line with Lean Manufacturing Best Practice Principles to control all costs related to reels, cradles, ancillaries, hired equipment etc
- Effective, professional liaison between both internal and external customers and suppliers, and alignment between Newcastle and Niteroi (Brazil) site.
- Implementing effective risk and asset management to maintain and improve the equipment within the fleet
- Develop, monitor and report appropriate KPI's relating to Reel and Equipment availability
- Responsible for coordination of inspection of new reels and associated equipment
- Effective management of capital expenditure and maintenance of Newcastle reel fleet and ancillaries including overseeing capital equipment selections and all associated documentation is on time and to budget
- Responsible for liaising with the Equipment Manufacturers/Relevant Parties to ensure that all reel fleet (reels/cradles/saddles) has up to date DNV design certification
- Coordination of FLT Contract, to ensure operational requirements are met
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the Asset Management Leader
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an operational and/or leadership role.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management, and diverse audiences, including customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Planning background and/or equipment maintenance experience.
- Ability to work with reel designers, Chief Engineers Office and third party Inspection companies, fabrication companies and service teams and add practical improvements to new and current designs to aid production, shipping and reel lifespan.
- Change management awareness and flexibility to support changing business priorities
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, manufacturing work orders, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Demonstrate BH Beliefs
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written)
- Self-motivated, self-starter capable of remaining flexible to changing work priorities
- Proficiency in software applications MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Technical knowledge of Product and Equipment beneficial
- P6 knowledge / planning experience
- Ability to define problems, collate data and establish facts in order to solve problems
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more