Baker Hughes has an opening for a Junior CNC Mill Machinist for 2nd Shift to support Completions and Wellbore Intervention at our Emmott Road facility in Houston, TX. This machinist will setup and operate a CNC Mill, read/interpret drawings and operating instructions, inspects parts to ensure accuracy, and performs job in a manner that Safety is a top priority.Essential Responsibilities:
- Sets-up and operates CNC Mills for fabrication of metallic and non-metallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets safety rules, blueprints, procedure manuals and operating instructions.
- Inspect parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- High school Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of CNC machining experience OR equivalent combination of CNC machining education and CNC machining experience.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut.
- Be self-motivated with little direct supervision
- Candidates must be willing to work 2nd Shift from 2pm to 10pm and overtime as projects requires.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, for any employer, without sponsorship.
- Associate of Applied Science degree
- Read and Interpret G - Code programs
- Conversational programming
Houston, TX 77040
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.