Experienced estimating professional with construction background to lead and align project teams in pursuit of high quality capital cost estimates. Responsible for developing large mega-project EPC estimates for client investment decisions and competitive lump sum proposals. Must have experience with partner relationships, working in both multi-office and JV project environments. Role is central to supporting the development of the Group's Estimating growth and core competency initiatives. Duties:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Manager of Estimating for adherence to procedure and for estimate content.
- Produces estimates utilizing standard estimating methods, procedures and work processes.
- Interfaces with the Project Manager for all project related estimating issues.
- Responsible for the overall performance and quality of estimating work on the project.
- Interfaces and reports to the Manager of Estimating regarding key estimating issues.
- Interfaces with project engineer / leads for quality and schedule of engineering deliverables.
- Interfaces with construction for quality and schedule of their deliverables.
- Interfaces with procurement and subcontracts for quality and schedule of their deliverables.
- Leads estimate planning and alignment meetings with Company and client teams.
- Leads interim estimate review and endorsement meetings with Company and client teams.
- Reviews all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to final presentation and/or formal quotation.
- Presents Estimate Confidence Package at Executive Committee approval meetings.
- Participates in EPC and services proposal preparation and client presentations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in related field preferred, or equivalent years of experience
- Generally 10+ years of experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Construction Estimating, in both domestic and Global markets.
- Skilled in preparation of conceptual and detailed estimates.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, AspenTech Capital Cost Estimator and database estimating programs.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.