Skills: Rotating Equipment, Asset Integrity Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Other Skills: Condition Monitoring, CBM, Vibration Analysis
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: A competitive salary plus offshore allowances and overtime. Pension contribution, medical insurance, death in service, share save scheme, 33 days annual leave, employee assistance scheme and more.
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do?it is our legacy. Our core values?respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion?guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
As part of Smiths Group, John Crane Asset Management Solutions (JCAMS) is the John Crane Centre of Excellence for Maintenance Consultancy and Condition Monitoring.
The role of the Condition Monitoring Engineer is to develop, operate and manage Condition Monitoring programmes for John Crane clients. The role will involve Condition Monitoring data collection, analysis and reporting.
- To develop and operate Condition Monitoring programmes for John Crane clients.
- To continuously improve the effectiveness of condition monitoring programmes, through defined review process in conjunction with the CM team leader.
- To conduct Onshore analysis of routine vibration data.
- To report Vibration and Oil Analysis results and associated corrective maintenance recommendations
- To act as the client interface for the on site delivery of Condition Monitoring services.
- To conduct routine Condition Monitoring surveys at our clients' premises..
- Mentoring of clients in basic Condition Monitoring techniques.
- To conduct periodic on site Pump Performance Testing and onshore Reporting.
- To conduct ad-hoc offshore specialist vibration analysis and equipment troubleshooting (e.g. Balancing, Orbit Analysis).
- Work within the requirements of the Integrated Management System.
Experience and Qualifications
Degree qualified in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Trained to ISO 18436-2 Vibration Analysis Category 2, or equivalent.
- Trained to ISO 18436-4 Lubrication Analysis Category 2, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of rotating machinery in an oil and gas industry environment.
- Well developed aural, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team working environment.
High level of competence in the application of Condition Monitoring, utilising as a minimum:
- Vibration Monitoring
- Lube Oil Analysis
- Rotating Equipment Performance Testing
- Process Data Logging
A large emphasis is put on effective reporting and continuous improvement, it will also be necessary to setup and modify the above systems.
Desirable Specialist skills:
- Rotor dynamics analysis (Orbits, Transient Analysis etc)
- In situ Balancing
- Laser Alignment
- Structural Analysis (ODS, Bump testing, Modal Analysis etc)
- Electrical tests (Motor Current Signature Analysis, Partial Discharge tests)
- Acoustic Analysis (Environmental noise, Ultraprobe etc)
- Utilisation of multichannel analysers and online systems