Responsible for supporting the delivery of business analysis and consulting processes and procedures for the defined specialism using basic technical capabilities, developing working relationships to provide support with queries, issues and ad-hoc requests and assisting with quality assurance services.Specialisms: Business Analysis; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.Role synopsis
The Data Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in L48's operational and analytics databases. The Data Engineer works with the L48's IT platform owners, data analytics teams, data scientists, and data warehouse architect in order to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any existent issues.
The Data Engineer has to be an expert in SQL development further providing support to the Data and Analytics team in database design, data flow and analysis activities. The position of the Data Engineer also plays a key role in the development and deployment of innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing.
The Data Engineer defines and builds the data rules and pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business
The Data Engineer ensures stable solutions, stable infrastructure and participates in the design and build of services, integrations, and ETL solutions
- Creating databases optimized for performance, implementing schema changes, and maintaining data architecture standards across all of L48's databases.
- Leads innovation through exploration, benchmarking, making recommendations, and implementing data technologies
- Leads the development and implementation of scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, and so forth - in collaboration with IT DBAs and support groups.
- Designing and developing scalable ETL packages from the business source systems and the development of ETL routines in order to populate databases from sources and also to create aggregates
- Enabling and running data migrations across different databases and different servers, for example, data migration from SQL servers to MySQL; or on-premises to cloud;
- Responsible for performing thorough testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations and data verification used in any service. E.g reporting, visualizations, machine learning models
- Ensure proper data governance and quality across the Data and Analytics department and the business as a whole
- Implement Master Data Management solutions, processes and governance to support Data Management team
- Performs ad-hoc analyses of data stored in the L48's databases and designs, develops and tests SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Troubleshoots data issues within the business and across the business and presents solutions to these issues
- Analyze complex data elements and systems, data flow, dependencies, and relationships in order to contribute to & define conceptual physical and logical data models
- Collaboratively works with the entire Data and Analytics team, providing support to the entire department for its data centric needs
- 5-7 years of experience with SQL Server On-Prem and/or Azure cloud, required
- 5-7 years of SSIS experience utilizing SQL Agent jobs and Integration Services Catalog, required
- 3-4 years of experience running ETL/ELT SSIS projects independently from end to end, required
- 2+ years of Python programming experience, preferred
- Experience with DevOps Repository and Git, preferred
- Azure cloud experience, preferred
- AWS cloud platform experience, a plus
- Azure Data Lake storage experience, a plus
- Azure Data Factory and/or Databricks experience, a plus