Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £40000 - £70000 per annum
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
ASA Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Contract Engineer for their Aberdeen based client.
The Contract Engineer will provide contractual support to the organisation in accordance with management expectations and ensure that the organisation is appropriately protected in terms of it's contractual obligations and liabilities. The Contract Engineer will review, draft and negotiate various forms of contracts and deal with assigned aspects of the company's contractual, commercial and confidentiality needs.
* Liase with all company departments to understand their needs and maintain an awareness of key product developments and/or associated risks.
* Maintain, review, draft, issue and negotiate company terms and conditions as requested.
* Monitor contracts regularly and keep Operational/Sales teams informed of need for renewal.
* Review documents to advise business on key points to allow a bid decision to be made.
* Disseminate documents to Operational, HSE, Engineering and Quality terms as required.
* Review all documents from a contractual standpoint and prepare exceptions as required.
* Work with Operational/Commercial Manager on appropriate pricing bid.
* Collate responses and any exceptions from various teams in line with general bid strategy and company marketing objectives.
* Submit responses to client and manage any negotiation/clarification phase to the point of award.
* Assist Operational & Accounts team post award in ensuring clear understanding with regards to delivery and agreed pricing.
* Review, draft and negotiate operational contracts as required. Meet and call clients as required.
* Review, draft and negotiate NDA's and Confidentiality Agreements as required by company base staff.
* Maintain contract department compliance with API Q2, ISO 9001 and FPAL/Achilles expectations.
* Support company departments with commercial and contractual input as required.
* Assist company with various international entity set up as required.
* Liase with external professional advisors as required.
* Assist in the maintenance of the company global insurance.
Knowledge & Experience :
* Previous experience as a Contract Engineer/Specialist or Manager at an engineering or oil and gas company.
* Degree Qualified preferably in Law or Business.
* Demonstrate knowledge and experience of undertaking a tendering process.
* Sound understanding of contracting and commercial principles.
* Previous experience of working in an operations/contracts/procurement environment.
* Numerate and accurate with the ability to meet deadlines.
* Good negotiation, organisational and time management skills.
Desired but not essential :
* Previous experience in an operational capacity with an engineering or oil service company or operator.
* Professional qualification in a supply chain, procurement or contract administration field.
* Ability to travel locally or internationally as required to meet clients.
If interested in this exciting opportunity. Please send CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND