Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
My client in the North West are recruiting for an Instrument Engineer on a contract basis.
- Review and understand customer standards, and requirements.
- Produce specifications for Instruments, Control Valves, Relief Valves, Safety Instrumented Systems, Control Systems, etc in accordance with company, client and international standards.
- Review and scrutinise vendor enquiry submittals
- Produce material take-offs, IO counts, etc. for cost estimating
- Produce and review project documentation, drawings, etc.
- Creation of technical specifications for instrumentation and control systems of package units
- Specification of construction sub-contractor scope of works for an EPC execute phase of the project
- Management of vendors and review of submitted documentation.
- Attending FAT at vendor premises.
- Attend design reviews at client premises (HAZOP, LOPA, etc).
- Work with external consultants to verify compliance of safety instrumented systems
- Work with other engineering disciplines and departments such as procurement and planning to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support, including scope of works and costings, to the project team.
- Ensuring deliverables are produced in accordance with the project schedule
- Technical home-office support for site construction team
Experience and Background
- BEng (Hons) / MEng in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer
- >5 years' experience working with EPC contractors in the oil / gas / petrochemical industry
- EPC background writing technical specifications and management of vendors for packaged plant deliverables.
- Strong working experience with industrial electrical systems.
- Capability to work on projects in parallel.
- Experience with Siemens COMOS preferred.
- A can do attitude and a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- A full UK driving licence
- Willing to travel within the UK and overseas.
Kintec was established in the UK in 2001 with the purpose of supplying both Contract and Permanent technical engineering personnel. Currently operating within the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Life Sciences, Power, Rail and Infrastructure industries, Kintec’s business reach is on a global scale. Over the years, we have succeeded in developing lasting relationships, with both clients and candidates, and delivered expertise and up to the minute industry knowledge with efficiency and professionalism. With business expansion and the creation of further offices in the UK, networks in the Middle East, Africa, and the US as well as movement further into Europe, Kintec’s market position has gained major strength over its 18 years in business and we have reinforced this further with sector diversification. Kintec prides itself on delivering unparalleled levels of mobilisation support, which includes the organisation of visas, travel, accommodation, local payroll, security and medical insurance. We take great care to ensure that our own employees are provided with all of the necessary in-house training to be able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service to our clients and candidates. Furthermore, we provide opportunities for further career development, as part of our organic growth model, and aim to provide a favourable working environment where our personnel are held in extremely high regard. We see our staff as paramount in terms of establishing a long lasting and successful business, facilitating the overall aim to replicate and build on our historic achievements