At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Software Test Engineer inside the Technology team supports projects in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, hydrology and oil & gas related to Pressure Sensing and Test & Calibration equipment.
For further information see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwp3X5TGpfwEssential Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical software engineering solutions.
- Ensuring requirements are translated correctly into cohesive verification solutions.
- Experience of verifying embedded firmware with or without an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS).
- Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#) test cases
- Verification of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
- Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Verification and testing of software/firmware (e.g. Robot Framework).
- Experience Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT) using industry standard software (e.g. Cantata, CppUnit, LDRA).
- Instrumentation and stubbing of code to enable unit testing.
- Software programming language experience (C/C++).
- Experience in source control packages (e.g. SVN, Github).
- Experiencing of automated software testing techniques and Continuous Integration.
- Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
- Solid commercial experience using SW verification techniques, and reviews
- Verification of STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller software
- Experience of testing low level drivers for embedded systems (i.e. device drivers).
- Knowledge of hardware level interfacing (e.g. device drivers)
- Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities
- Time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
- Awareness of cybersecurity related issues and potential countermeasures
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
- Experience with Change and Configuration tools
- Work within an Agile development environment
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more