Skills: Research & Development, Project Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
ASA Recruitment are currently recruiting for an R&D Project Engineer (Downhole Tools) for their Aberdeen based client. Who are a world leader in downhole tools technology.
The R&D Project Engineer will be responsible for research, planning, organising and executing design development projects resulting in the definition of new product solutions and improvements to existing valve products. This includes providing design support through analysing and diagnosing product related issues. Understanding practices and developing valve design from concept to production. The R&D Engineer will also provide support to engineering, operations and field/offshore disciplines.
* Lead ongoing in-house testing of valve technologies.
* Analyse and report on data collected from in-house testing and external field trials.
* Supervise the design and testing of downhole valve systems and related equipment.
* Co-ordinate the in-house testing and qualification of valves to ISO and API standards.
* Liase with sub-contract manufacturers on manufacturing process.
* Work with other team members on the design, development and project management of electronic software, firmware and electro-mechanical downhole wireless technology.
* Write specifications and work with all technical disciplines deliver project timelines and reports.
* Mentor other staff
Knowledge & Rxperience :
* Degree level qualification or extensive working experience in a relevant role.
* Relevant project management experience including risk management.
* A background in one of the following : Downhole completion valves and or packers. Electronic Engineering. Mechanical Engineering. R&D role in a relevant field.
* Strong analytical and report generation skills.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience :
* Experience in the development of electronic and mechanical downhole tools.
* Understanding of workshop operations.
* Experience of working with downhole valves or packers.
If interested in this exciting opportunity. Please send CV.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND