Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an experienced Assembly and Test Technician on a contract basis, located in Aberdeen.
Carry out duties in the workshop including the assembly and test of various oil and gas drilling tools and related equipment whilst adhering to the company's QHSE standards, responsibilities, policies and procedures.
- Assemble and test in accordance with drawings, standard operating/test procedures, technical work instructions and customer requirements in order to accomplish required job laid down in a Work Order utilising the materials which accompany the Work Order.
- Maintain test apparatus and equipment in a safe working order and visually check service ability prior to commencing the work.
- Workshop and stock management
- Operate the test equipment safely and competently in accordance with manufacturers operating instructions.
- Abide by Company QHSE policies and procedures
- Carry out inspection duties using appropriate instruments i.e. micrometers, gauges etc., to a competent standard.
- Liaise with customers and third-party inspectors on work requirements and provide feedback
- operation of forklift, loading and unloading of deliveries, and banksman/slinging for mobile crane operations
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Company, and where appropriate Client Company's, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
- Experience in assembly and testing of oilfield tools and equipment
- Full knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Time served Technician.
- knowledge of general fitting & pressure testing.