Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG: Semisubmersible
JOB TYPE: Temporary - ASAP until Jan 9th
JOB SUMMARY: Carries out daily routine maintenance, lubrication and inspections on machinery and equipment. General duties as directed and instructed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One year experience as an offshore Motor Man or two years as an industrial mechanic or equivalent experience
- Engine Room Rating Required
- Transport Canada 4th Class Engineer Certification Preferred
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- 1+ years previous experience in a role with semi-sub drilling rig considered an asset
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
OFFSHORE CERTIFICATES REQUIRED:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- Fall Protection (WorkplaceNL)
- Confined Space Entry (WorkplaceNL)
- Carryout routine maintenance and minor repairs on the engine room equipment and machinery as directed
- Check and record lubricating oil level readings, topping up as required
- Monitor all engine room systems for leaks and anomalies reporting defects immediately
- Maintain the engine room, workshops and associated spaces in a clean, tidy and hazard free condition at all times
- Daily gauging and filling up diesel fuel on relevant equipment
- Maintain an accurate inventory of lube oil and mechanical consumables on board
- Assist with repairs to mechanical equipment as instructed and directed
- Ensure that all fuel and oil transfers are carried out as per company policy and procedures
- Perform regular rounds of all areas of responsibility
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Other duties as assigned
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position Motorman Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: