Skills: Sales, Budget / Cost Control, Purchasing
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
We are currently sourcing a Sales Representative to join our 8020 due to continued growth. This Sales Representative, based in Houston, will be responsible for identifying and bringing new business opportunities around logistics / procurement services into the organisation to be serviced by the Peterson 80:20 organisation in the USA and wider region. This includes active acquisition of new customers, visits and management of bidding processes. Crucially, the role will promote the Peterson 80:20 brand to increase customer awareness and build effective business
Roles & responsibilities:
• Identify new client leads within procurement industry and deliver increased net results for the overall
80:20 business in line with the business strategy
• Create active sales pipeline and work jointly with the business manager to fulfil bidding requirements
• Increase the awareness of 80:20 in the local and regional market
• Present and promote 80:20 service offering and generate concrete deliverables out of customer visits.
• Build and maintain solid relationship with both new and existing clients.
• Hold regular client visits to follow leads and ensure we are providing a first class service.
• Utilising various channels to attract and source clients this will include networking events, conferences,
seminars, marketing techniques and social media as appropriate.
• Organise and attend relevant corporate events to attract business opportunities and promote the 80:20
• Lead required follow up with customeraround request for proposals and work with cross functional
teams to deliver these requests on time.
• Communicate status of sales activities in a structured and periodic manager and actively manage follow
up with potential customers
• Collaborate with buyers and business manager on expanding service offering
• Actively work with existing customers to develop additional opportunities with existing clientele 80:20 Procurement Services Ltd
• Sales leads generated
• Attention to detail in company database
• Customer satisfaction
• Service delivery
• Enthusiasm and commitment
Qualifications and experience
• Good knowledge of CRM Systems
• Ability to learn our service offering and describe/explain them to prospects
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Cool tempered and ability to handle rejection
• Experience or University Degree
• Experience in the procurement or supply chain industry is a plus but not required
• Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong
working relationships with all levels and be able to influencing and collaborating with others with ease.
• Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service.
• Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
• Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
• Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance.
• Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence.
• Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues.
• The ability to accurately record data.
• Ability to manage changing priorities.
• Ability to ensure accuracy of information.
• Comfortable dealing with telephone sales
8020 provide value-added outsourced procurement solutions that deliver item, vendor and transactional cost reduction to our customers.
With a strong reputation and track record in managing non-strategic spend, customers consider 80:20 Procurement to be an outsourced extension of their own procurement team by applying focus on areas of spend that organisations typically have neither the time nor resource to manage successfully.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.