Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £450 - £527 per day, Benefits: good
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Network Infrastructure Engineer - 12 Months Contract 28 x 28 Rotation - Iraq
Deadline Friday 22nd November for submissions
Essential:- CCNP R&S. Experience in deploying network infrastructure solutions. Broad understanding of IT, security, IP telephony and IP TV. Ability to work within a multicultural environment. Ability to work within a team
Network Infrastructure Engineer Key Accountabilities
- Ensure trouble-free operations of telecoms infrastructure in ROO including Core Network Infrastructure, Data Centre and Campus LAN, Field Microwave Network, MPLS Network, Terrestrial and VSAT WAN.
- Ensure documentation and company network standards are adhered to.
- Identify risks to service delivery, recommend options to address risks and execute approved options.
- Develop infrastructure capability to meet agreed service targets.
- Delivery of telecom enhancement projects.
- Define and execute telecoms related 'changes'
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support for network incidents.
- Provide proactive monitoring of ROO NMS systems.
- Coach and managed junior 1st Level support engineers.
- Actively participate in company HSE processes and promote a positive HSE culture.
Network Infrastructure Engineer Essential
- CCNP R&S
- Experience in deploying network infrastructure solutions.
- Broad understanding of IT, security, IP telephony and IP TV
- Ability to work within a multicultural environment
- Ability to work within a team
Network Infrastructure Engineer Desirable
- University level education preferably in Engineering / IT or related discipline.
- ITIL Foundations.
- Experience in a similar role in an oil/gas company
- Experience in managing junior engineers
- CCIE R&S
- CCNA Datacentre
Network Infrastructure Skills/Behaviour
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with staff at all levels in an organisation
- Proactive thinking - the ability to come up with options and solutions
- Good attention to detail
- Delivery focused
- Willing to challenge and be challenged
- Motivating, positive, energetic, helpful
- Leads by example
- Demonstrates strong customer empathy
- Demonstrates safety focused working
- Ability to work remotely in a challenging environment
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.