Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers' creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
Engineering Internship positions at Oceaneering will provide opportunities to gain experience in the \"real world\" work environment. The student will typically be assigned a mentor who will direct their summer experience. Work or project assignments (some with strict deadlines to meet) will be commensurate with the student's academic background to take advantage of their expertise and provide real life application of their classroom knowledge. At the same time, opportunities will be provided for students to expand their knowledge outside the boundaries of their classroom. It provides our organization with the opportunity to influence and evaluation future professionals in the theme park entertainment industry. As a vital part of our fast-paced industry, you will not only be working with advanced technology, you will be making a great investment in your future.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Duties may include the following:
- Control System Design Support
- Electrical Calculations (Excel, MathCAD)
- Basic Control System Programming Support
- Test Station Programming Support
- Basic Troubleshooting (Electrical and Electromechanical)
- Test Monitoring/Documentation (Reports)
- Dynamic Analysis (SolidWorks Motion)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) - SolidWorks Simulation, RISA
- Mechanical Calculations (Excel, MathCAD)
- Simulation/Analysis - Matlab
- Component Research
- Requirements research and management
- Design Modeling (Limited level in SolidWorks)
- Geometric Analysis - SolidWorks/AutoCAD
- Technical Writing (Limited basis in Manuals, Etc.)
- Parts Sorting/Organization for Product Assembly
- Assembly Support (Engineering Liaison)
- Test Monitoring/Documentation (Reports)
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Current enrollment in accredited college or university engineering program. Applicants should be completing their Junior or Senior year.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Publisher, Project or similar programs.
- Familiarity with the application of current engineering software (i.e. SolidWorks, Altium, Matlab, etc).
- Understands and demonstrates collaboration and patience
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.