The Subsurface Information Management (SIM) Manager is responsible for leading BP data and delivering value from data across subsurface and wells functions within the AGT region. The SIM organization in Baku has a highly motivated team of data specialists who work across geospatial, geoscience / wells and production / performance data domains. The SIM team supports internal partners with end to end data delivery from receipt, QC, storage, access and the provision of analytical tools and dashboards to provide insights. The SIM team in AGT applies systematic approaches to data management and is developing data analytics and data science skills. The SIM Manager will be expected to lead the team to deliver current operations support and simultaneously develop new tools and systems to deliver value from data. The scope of the role is currently subsurface and wells but it is expected that this scope will increase in the near term to include all functions in the region.Key Accountabilities:
- Improvement of Information and Management of Data through the application of data science, automation, machine learning and the use of analytical and visualization tools to provide insights and value from data.
- Efficient operational support for subsurface and wells regional teams through the management of SIM backlog and regional SIM resources to deliver. It is expected that identified improvements will deliver efficiencies to the way that support is delivered.
- Improve access to trusted information and data. This will include reliable access to data which is organized, of known quality and in standard formats to enable multiple application use.
- Lead process and standards associated with data management, workflows and information delivery.
- Communicate and engage with regional partners and the SIM population to ensure that we are exceeding partner requirements and also empowering the SIM discipline to deliver and continually seek ways to deliver value from information.
- Identify opportunities to leverage data integration opportunities across functions.
- The SIM Manager will be expected to work with the upstream digital function and support the transition from SIM to upstream digital in the AGT region.
Essential experience and requirements:
- Degree (or higher) in Data Science, Applied Mathematics or oil field related science field and/or an extensive level (at least 10 years) of experience working with data within the Upstream Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in managing and analyzing Subsurface and Wells data in Oil and Gas industry
- Experience in successfully leading a portfolio of projects or programmes
- Experience of successfully defining, implementing and embedding strategy within a region or function
- Experience as a Team Leader with broad understanding of data & information management concepts, standards, practices, tools and technologies, across the data lifecycle
- Knowledge of Database applications programming languages, Python, SQL, R, VBA, etc.
- Experience of successfully aligning operational activities to strategy and improving efficiency
- Experience of managing contractor work and delivery, including monitoring their budgets and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Experience of implementing and embedding agile ways of working and inspiring technical staff
- Experience of oil and gas operations beyond Subsurface and Wells (offshore operations, onshore operations and projects)