The Woodlands, Texas, United States
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Skills: Legal, Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 84039
Do you have at least five years' experience supporting management level or legal professionals? Are you considered a positive individual with a strong work ethic that those you support can count on? We have an excellent opportunity as an Executive Assistant in our Corporate Legal Department, where you would be responsible for a broad range of full-time administrative support.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals - they're the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won't find just anywhere else. We're always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is based out of our office in The Woodlands, TX.
• Assist in the preparation of contracts and other legal documents; compare documents; PDF document conversion. Proofread and finalize documents.
• Use case management software to enter matter information, set up new vendors, recommend payment of invoices, and enter attorney's weekly matter updates.
• Manage and maintain an electronic database in doeAscent and SharePoint. Maintain the Legal Department file room and company license files.
• Manage attorney Outlook folders.
• Assist with the preparation of Legal Department reports.
• Act as a coordinator between the Legal Department and Company management. Clarify and resolve problems. Contact with third parties via telephone and email.
• Arrange travel reservations through Concur; prepare expense reports; arrange cross border travel. Track expense reimbursements.
• Schedule seminars and continuing legal education courses. Book meetings, conference calls, and web-ex conferences. Coordinate meals for meetings. Keep attorney calendars updated.
• Conduct WestLaw legal research under direction of Department attorneys.
• Monitor office supplies; distribute department mail.
• Coordinate technical support; assist with audio/visual needs in conference rooms.
• Perform Notary Public functions.
• Utilize safe and proper work practices consistent with Company policy. Identify work place safety hazards and take all appropriate corrective action.
• Produce quality work, meeting requirements of company policies, procedures and industry standards: Read, understand and apply company policies and procedures to assigned tasks.
• Associate degree in business, office management, communication, or other field related to position. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
• 5+ years' experience supporting management level professionals; previous experience supporting legal professionals is a plus.
• Ability to assist attorneys with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality; superior attention to detail and accuracy of work.
• Working knowledge of general office procedures; ability to organize and coordinate group work efforts; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate and interact with attorneys and company management; independently solve problems and make decisions.
• Ability and willingness to learn new technology.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure; handle rush projects, manage multiple priorities, and function under time constraints.
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Notary Public strongly preferred
• Ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds; Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop; Ability to work in an office environment with overhead lighting and some natural window light. Generally will be working at a desk utilizing a computer, phones, writing, or other equipment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Engineer, Office Manager, Developer, Administrative, Engineering, Technology