Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Chemist, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under direct supervision, performs assigned duties within the chemical hygiene plan and the current HSE laboratory safety standards.
- Design and testing of cement mixtures and other liquids in the laboratory
- Reporting test results in the database system
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Assist with quality assurance of the processes in the laboratory and development of laboratory procedures
- Technical support for the operation
- Shift work 7:00-15:30 - 09:30 18:00
- On call Duty
- The Lab Technician role involves heavy lifting during the manufacture and testing of products. This will regularly involve exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Competitive pension- and insurance scheme
Company health service
Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
Focus on technology and further development
Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
- Some experience of laboratory work preferred but not essential, or have an HNC or similar qualification in science based subjects (chemistry, biology, physics, mechanical engineering etc)
- Good grades in secondary School Higher Education will also be considered for the right applicant
- May also build prototypes, models, and special equipment and/or perform basic material or environmental tests using basic techniques with electrical/electronic, chemical, and mechanical equipment that includes set-up, calibration, trouble- shooting, monitoring, and data collection.
- Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Generally good computer skills are required as you will do registration in SAP and Database.
- Good technical understanding for handling laboratory equipment.
- Halliburton is an international company and the position requires you to have good communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong planning skills so that work is structured to reach the department's goals.
- You have good cooperation skills and a professional approach to all stakeholders.
- Highly driven with initiative to provide high service quality.
- Ability to deal with multiple complex issues whilst maintaining strong service delivery.
- Physically fit as the position will involve some manual lifting and long periods working at a bench
- The position requires that you champion the Company's HSE procedures.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 82298
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.