At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Reporting to the PPS Technology Leader, this role will be responsible for leading the ILI electronics engineering team across all global locations for PPS.Essential Responsibilities:
- To lead the provision of the electronics engineering capability for research, new product development, sustaining engineering and special projects in the PPS in-line inspection (ILI) business
- Establishment and management of the electronics engineering team, including recruitment, development and training
- Motivate and direct a strong global team, fostering a strong team spirit
- Prototype and product test planning, definition and implementation
- The owner of the electronics multi-generational technology plan to drive standardisation across platforms
- Estimating, planning and reporting in relation to the electronics engineering team/function and any assigned projects
- Establishing and promoting best practice in design including design/engineering standards and reuse of common parts and sub-systems, including integration and standardisation of practices across the legacy businesses
- Owner of the electronics part/product design lifecycle management system (ECN process etc)
- Owner of the electronics engineering resources including CAD tools and test equipment
- Contribute to reliability and NCR/RCA activities as required
- Degree qualified, in a relevant technical discipline.
- Experience and a proven track record of a leading role in successful new product developments in electronics engineering in in-line inspection
- Management experience leading a team of engineers and technicians
- Experience in managing 3rd party personnel (contractors / contingent workers)
- Experience managing teams across multiple locations is preferred
- Experience in handling multiple activities simultaneously in a fast paced environment where priorities can often change at short notice
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management experience is preferred
- Track record in interacting effectively with clients and across a matrix structure at all levels in an organisation
- Results orientated individual with passion, drive, energy and the ability to influence without direct authority in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Self-Starter and able to work with limited supervision
- Excellent organisational skills,
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- A leader who embraces the BH values
- Will require frequent international travel as much as 20% of time
- Stutensee - Germany, or Calgary - Canada
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more