Our Client is looking for a Test & Validation Engineer - Battery Systems, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
- An Electronic Engineer who will specialise in battery R&D and provide operationally useful insight and analysis based on the company extensive battery testing and development programme.
- No Previous Specialist Knowledge of Batteries Required
- Training will be provided
- Lead a small team in the Day to day aspects of the company's specialist battery R&D programme using our large scale long-term automated test systems.
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis on their ever, growing data set.
- Maintain, adapt, update, and evolve the design of the company test systems and research strategies as new requirements and applications emerge.
- Design ad-hoc experiments to address new lines of investigation as they come up (by writing and leading the implementation of 'Test Plans' etc. and by providing hands-on assistance where appropriate)
- Liaise with multiple engineering teams to contribute to the battery related aspects of new product development work.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in a related field
- A degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record of proactively working on your own initiative and problem solving
Advantageous Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge and experience of the issues related to various battery chemistries
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience in electronic testing
- Experience of working with SQL databases and large datasets
- Experience of National Instruments data acquisition systems and software
- Experience in MS Excel and MS C#.net