Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client is looking to recruit Software Support Team Lead on a perm basis, full-time reporting to Software Development Manager.
* Develop problem solving capabilities and strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness - using'time outs', brainstorming etc to speed up the identification of support solutions.
* Actively contribute to the development of packages and improvements to the structure and procedures within the team
Qualifications & Experience:
* Minimum of 4 years working in a similar role.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office products.
* Good working knowledge of software development platforms.
* Proven history in leading Software Support teams and managing Support Tickets.
* Background in software development in a commercial Agile/SCRUM environment would be advantageous.
* SharePoint Administration Experience
* SharePoint Designer
* SharePoint Development
* Programming Languages (C#, PHP, Perl, Java)
* ITIL experience/qualification would be advantageous but not a must.
* Ability to manage Software Support Team
* Leadership qualities to take ownership and accountability of the Software Support team and its clients.
* Client-focussed friendly and positive approach with a 'can-do' attitude.
* Proven ability to share technical information in a user-friendly way.
* Proven ability to work constructively with others in a collaborative environment.
* Highly organised self-starter with a proven ability to effectively self-manage a diverse workload.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
Software Support Tickets
* Manage and monitor the Service Board and take ownership of support tickets raised, working with the client to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues.
* Investigate issues with applications using the applications user interface and/or investigating coding.
* Responsible for the provision of high quality support to clients, resolving issues raised by the client quickly and effectively, suggesting solutions and identifying alternative and appropriate ways to deliver requirements
* Develop and maintain documentation to support solutions and to inform future processes.
* Manage Software support Team in terms of meeting SLA Targets, Ticket resolution times.
* Responsible for producing ticket report statistics and managing Client Support Levels
* Managing Support contracts to make sure all requirements are being achieved successfully according to contract.
* Liaise closely with clients to ensure a clear understanding of the issues and to gather requirements data.
* Work with the client to enhance existing solutions to meet client needs, sharing information and ensuring solutions are workable and clearly understood by all parties.
* Compile weekly SLA reports for clients, providing clear detail as to new, closed and ongoing support tickets.
* Develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients via email and telephone and undertaking site visits as required to discuss issues and test functionality.
* Demonstrate innovation in approach to solutions development.
* Create change request documentation to ensure a clear pathway of changes is maintained for each client.
End User Testing and Support
* Working with the Business Analyst, take responsibility for aspects of customer UAT of all solutions, ensuring robustness of test plans, and execution methodologies.
* Create clear documentation to support UAT standards and to support the testing process.
* Draft guidance and support documentation as required to enhance client understanding of the software.
* Work proactively with other project team members to ensure the integrity and robustness of proposed solutions.
* Act as an ambassador for the company at all times, ensuring the core values of Quality, Simplicity and Innovation are embedded into all we do.
* Proactively work to establish and maintain a learning mindset; actively sharing knowledge and expertise with the wider team.
* Any other duties as required to support the work of the company.
Bringing over 60 years of experience to the market, Petro People provide both tailored Recruitment Services and Upstream & Downstream Project Engineering & Management Solutions to the Oil & Energy Sector.
Petro People provide a tailored Recruitment Service to our clients globally and have amassed over 60 years of experience working exclusively in the Oil & Energy industry.
Using our 7 Stage Collaborative Model, we are perfectly positioned to support you in both permanent and contract positions onshore or offshore.
Based in the Oil & Gas capital of Europe, Petro People provide a full Turnkey Project Engineering & Management Service to our global Upstream & Downstream clients.
Whether we provide a full Project Management Team or a single discipline engineer, our experienced personnel form a crucial part of our clients operation and together they ensure that projects are delivered safely, on time, within budget and fully achieve the intended requirements.
Project Management including Support & Planning
Project Teams & Personnel
Brownfield and Greenfield FEED & Engineering Services
Construction & Pre-fabrication
Commissioning & Decommissioning
Logistics & Mobilisation
Recruitment & Payroll Solutions
Offshore Drilling services
SPS & UWILD Projects
Upgrade, Repair & Modification Projects
Stacking & Reactivation
Petrochemical / Refinery Project Personnel
Plant Upgrade / Repair or Modification projects
Commissioning & Decommissioning Services
FEED & Engineering Services
Please visit our website for more information on our Recruitment or Project Services.
Part of the Maxwell Drummond Group