Other Skills: Metallurgy, Corrosion (control, prevention, programs, prevention ... etc)
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
On behalf of our client we are currently looking for a Metallurgist Specialist (12+ Years Experience Minimum).
Our client is a major Oil & Gas production Company in Libya.
Only Candidates whom interested in working in LIBYA and have the required work experience listed below are invited to apply for the vacancy.
Essential Job Duties:
• Evaluate, revise and provide expertise of internal corrosion prevention practices and procedures.
• Manage the internal corrosion prevention and mitigation programs in place and provide expertise in establishing those programs in other areas where needed.
• Act as a resource on issues related to system evaluation such as failure analysis and internal corrosion control program effectiveness.
• Monitor and take steps to improve the progress of the Operations teams regarding corrosion prevention and leak reduction.
• Provide expertise as an internal corrosion specialist when working in identifying risk.
• Responsible for material selection, welding, fabrication techniques, and corrosion control.
• Plans designs execute corrosion programs on all company facilities.
• Selects materials to satisfy plant-operating conditions.
• Prepares recommendation / specification and reports on the subject of metallurgy & welding.
• Conducts failures investigation and recommends corrective action, participate in training Libyan personnel in all aspects of corrosion control work.
• Set project philosophies, produce specifications, and provide materials selection reports with materials selection diagrams.
• Review and approve contractor documents, drawings and specifications.
• Manage the internal corrosion chemical program including acting as liaison between the Chemical Supplier and Operations, including responsibility for administering the chemical budget.
• Routine operation and monitoring of all chemical treatments in the Production and Gas Plant areas including Corrosion Inhibitor, Biocide injection and Scale Inhibitor programs.
• Liaising with Operations, interpretation of results, preparation of reports and recommendations for remedial measures.
• Installation, retrieval and monitoring of corrosion coupons & probes including analysis of the results and calculation or corrosion rates etc.
• Collection and laboratory analysis of water and other samples from production wells, pipelines, separators etc. recording results, preparation and issuing of reports and maintenance of records and files.
• Organize the procurement of Corrosion Laboratory Consumables, corrosion probes and microbiological testing media etc.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
• Degree in Corrosion Engineering or Chemistry.
• NACE courses degree in science with further education in corrosion and metallurgy
• Minimum 12 years of progressive experience in metallurgical or corrosion engineering, project management and pipeline operations.
• Expertise in internal and external coatings, internal corrosion and the evaluation, monitoring and mitigation thereof.
• Expertise in internal corrosion and external corrosion direct assessment.
• Expertise in regulatory compliance, specifically 49 CFR Part 192, 49 CFR Part 195 and TAC 8.101.
• Excellent computer and analytical problem solving abilities.
• Excellent proven track record in project safety and delivery
• Excellent knowledge of standards and codes within discipline
• Each candidate should be compliant with the job description provided
• Professional registration in the Contractor's home country
• Fully conversant with applicable Codes and Standards
• Fluent in English language, written and spoken
Summary of our Terms & Conditions:
• Work Cycle of 56 Days Work /21 Days Leave (Europe & North America Candidates)
• Work Cycle of 65 Days Work /21 Days Leave (Other Candidates)
• 9 Hours a day / 6 Days a week
• Payment for work days only
• Air fare travel by Economy Class
• Medical cover
• Accident cover
• Board & lodging and internal transportation to be provided by the client
• Single Status