Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Working at Transocean
This is a unique opportunity to join the Finance function of a world class drilling contractor in the oil and gas service sector as a Financial Accountant.
The purpose of this role is to provide statutory accounting support for the various operations under the responsibility of the Eastern Hemisphere Accounting Hub requiring interaction with Tax and External Auditors.
- Competitive salary
- Working week: Monday - Thursday with a half day on Friday
- Bonus eligible
- 33 days holidays increasing after three and five years' service
- Generous pension
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Free on-site gym access
- Modern office facilities
- Subsidised canteen
- A minimum of four years accounting experience
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements is preferred
- Responsible for the audit file preparation ensuring accounting and reporting for assigned/designated legal entities are completed in compliance with local GAAP/IFRS for external and statutory reporting purposes
- Interact with external auditors during the audit of statutory accounts
- To prepare information for the tax department to support annual tax filings
- To copy data from management books to statutory books and maintain the statutory books
- To review the statutory books for necessary updates required to the management books
- To perform monthly/quarterly accounting allocations in the management books
- To perform a monthly review of management accounting entries to ensure compliance with legal and statutory reporting structure
- To perform online balance sheet reconciliations on a quarterly basis
- Assist with certain local tax filings and reconciliations e.g. VAT
- Assist with submission of statistical returns or filing documents as required by local government authorities
- Ad-hoc miscellaneous duties as assigned to ensure adequate support to designated shared service support operations
- Assist in any finance related audit as required
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.