Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for opportunities or challenges prioritised based on value and risk. They are responsible for the delivery of Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities/assets.
The Regulatory Finance Advisor will be a key member of Finance team and a key partner to the businesses, government relations, tax and Transformation team in ensuring that Shell meets its license to operate compliance conditions.
The Regulatory Finance Advisor will support a variety of activities/opportunities assigned to them by the Finance Manager JV & Treasury based on Value/Risk (e.g. Regulatory compliance, control frameworks concerns, performance management system issues, large investments, complex contracts) depending on the requirements, of the specific activity:
- Coordinate and drive submission of all financial regulatory returns due to various regulatory bodies in South Africa organization
- Interpretation of government regulations and legislation related to the oil industry and supporting management in managing Shell's compliance with these.
- Provide Advise & support on exchange control implication for all cross -border transactions.
- Manage and co-ordinate all required external audit by the regulators that are within the scope of this role.
- Lead finance advisor on the BBBEE compliance and reporting.
- Facilitate and drive knowledge sharing on regulatory compliance process and related matters.
- Collaborate closely with teams in tax, finance operations and the business focal points on finance/treasury regulatory reporting matters and ensure submissions are on time and full.
- Act as the finance focal point for regulatory reporting matters, including revenue transparency, Base Erosion and Profit Shifting reporting.
- Engage with the Regulators (together with Shell Government Regulatory representatives) regarding information requirements, data format, data confidentiality and clarify ambiguities in interpretation of requirements.
- Facilitate and support the external auditors in obtaining regulatory certificates, and act as primary liaison between the Class of Businesses and the auditors.
- Support the performance management of costs for Shell Downstream South Africa and Integrated Performance Unit.
- Assist with the annual Know Your Customer /credit ratings/Financial Intelligence Centre Act documents for all South Africa legal entities.
- Support all statutory and compliance reporting for the small legal entities.
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision making and in performance management
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place
- In activities where Finance Operations and Business act together to deliver, lead/initiate structural improvement projects and leaves the accountability for delivery with the accountable people
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non value adding Finance activity ("demand management")
- Maximise use of Finance Operations in delivery of processes
- Support adhoc Finance and Integrated Performance Unit/Shell Downstream South Africa driven projects as required by the CFO/FM Treasury and JVs.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
- Preferable Bachelor degree (Finance/Economics) or higher with 3-5years core relevant experience
- Experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Skilled in data management tools; i.e. Business Warehouse, SAP, and good computer literacy across a range of packages, including Microsoft Office
- A good understanding of the end-to-end value chain of Shell and how the various parts influence each other.
- Commercial experience would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in any aspect of regulatory reporting would be an advantage, but not a pre-requisite
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video