Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is searching for a Lead Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galveston, TX.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Monitors and records the production of gas, oil, and water from computer and meter readings.
• Performs regulatory inspections which involve tasks such as: testing safety devices high and low pressures; checking fluid levels in the separator, tank, and other parts of the vessel; inspecting wellheads for leaks and deficiencies, and recording data on required forms for computer input.
• Performs visual inspections by walking around facility and equipment to check for pollution, leaks, temperature variances, and mechanical problems; making appropriate repairs and adjustments.
• Inputs data from recorded levels and pressures in the computer for daily or periodic reporting.
• Performs minor mechanical and equipment repairs as required on items such as pumps and valves.
• Cleans equipment and work area to keep them free of oil, trash, and other debris or filth.
• Performs mandated inspections on safety and fire extinguishing equipment by checking the general condition and gauge pressures.
• Runs and pulls pigs according to an established schedule, inserting and removing the pig from the trap either by hand or using a hoist.
• Responsible for making daily operational decisions of a complex nature.
• Additional duties as required.
Skills / Qualifications
• 5-10 years of experience required in oil and gas production
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• 10+ years' experience in oil and gas production preferred.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.