Skills: Loss Prevention, Safety Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT (REFINING)
LOSS PREVENTION ENGR (REFINERY I & II)
Primary Purpose of Job
Provide and decide technical process safety requirements in HAZID, Risk Assessment (QRA/FERA) and HAZOP studies to ensure the management of risk in the design stage of modifications and projects. Co-ordinate and assist in the development of Refinery risk management from process safety perspective
• Bachelors of Science in chemical Engineering discipline with recognized safety courses.
Experience & Skills
• Member of recognized professional safety or fire organization
• 15 years of experience in the field of process safety, Fire and Safety systems design and construction. This includes all Safety and Fire topics covered in the Fire and Safety philosophy.
• Extensive knowledge of international codes and standards, inclusive, 7 years of experience in the Refinery of Process Plants.
• Fluent in English.
• Strong leadership, command, control, negotiation, computer and presentation skills
• Ability to perform field inspections, perform risk assessment, review/prepare proposals and reports, communicate well orally and in writing, interpret and analyse data.
• Ability to work effectively with various personnel and in teams, and be flexible in work assignments.
• Ability for improving bad working practices/habits, employee performance, maintaining improved performance, utilizing effective follow up actions to solve employee or work related problems.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa