Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
What's the role?
The Senior Credit Analyst will act as co-lead within the Americas Trading & Supply Credit organization for all credit matters with regard to high-profile (Tier 1) structured mandates, generator, structured financial derivative and structured crude deals in North America. This role will have direct accountabilities for specific activities including conducting due diligence for new customers, contracting credit and reporting parameters and agreements, monitoring compliance, producing MI reports, and alerting deal teams and management of defaults or credit profile deterioration. Investigate, understand and manage the complex T&S control framework that governs financial trading in respect to credit accountabilities.
You will liaise with deal teams consisting of Commercial (Business Development/Origination & Structuring), Finance, Legal, and Compliance departments (where necessary). Functional deal team members will vary between gas & power and crude. And assist Global Head of Structured Credit with training, developing, and recruiting team members. Drive people development and best practice sharing throughout the Global Trading & Supply Credit organization. Responsible for challenging current processes and procedures and proposing improvements.
You will also be responsible for the initial build-out of credit results and accountable for the NA crude structured credit granting process, including the consistent application of a T&S Credit Manual, periodic credit assessments of existing customers, review of creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses. Also responsible for external customer visits where required, primarily for due diligence reviews and audits of policies, procedures and reporting.
You will develop appropriate credit strategies in cooperation with Business partner and customer portfolio management and analysis. Excellent stakeholder management is required. Accountable for building and maintaining strong and effective relationships with all process partners e.g. Sales Support, Customer Service, Lines of Business (LoBs), Finance Operations, Treasury and Controllers.
Other Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating risk during the on-boarding of new and existing customers.
- Apply both analytical and qualitative analysis to the customer's due diligence information.
- Administer banking and lending requirements for assigned counterparties.
- Ensure contract compliance, monthly financial monitoring including reporting, cash monitoring procedures, and periodic audit visits to the Stakeholder.
- Constant communication with Stakeholders to ensure contract compliance, coordination with accounting regarding monthly invoices, and interest calculations.
- Cross-functional communication with various Shell representatives including legal, commercial, and finance regarding non-compliance issues, and keeping management apprised as to the financial health of the stakeholder performance via special projects and ad hoc reporting.
- Effective communicator and negotiator with strong interpersonal and problem solving skills. Must manage workload and stringent deadlines.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Master's degree, CPA, CFA, CFE strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Trading or Finance related work experience.
- Credit risk background with working knowledge of trading and risk management products preferred. Ability to make decisions and exercise sound judgment in time-sensitive trading environment.
- Effective financial statement analysis ability.
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- In depth, proven technical & commercial knowledge of Sector or Product group.
- In depth knowledge of Applications & proven ability to trouble shoot and solve customer problems.
- Strong knowledge of customer sector processes.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce 1 and Basic understanding of SAP/ERP desirable.
- Technical expertise and awareness to provide troubleshooting and problem solving.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video