Skills: Directional Driller
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dickinson, North Dakota, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently seeking a Directional Driller in Dickinson, ND with previous experience to implement directional drilling plans and ensure compliance to all drilling objectives.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Implement all directional drilling plans and procedures according to company plan and oversee all drilling operations of rig site and ensure compliance to all drilling objectives.
- Manage all well bore path and perform survey to compute and monitor all rate of penetration and maintain an efficient list of all directional tools and perform survey on all equipment.
- Provide assistance and training to all drilling trainees and manage all marketing and sales activities for various company products and supervise efficient working of all processes.
- Execute all survey information for processes and ensure all objectives compatibility with various results.
- Administer all directional operations and analyze performance of all drilling procedures and assist all client representatives to resolve all issues and monitor job progress and maintain records of all data and prepare required documentation.
- Maintain and ensure efficiency in maintenance of all company assets and locations and ensure adequacy of all supplies and equipment for website and prepare records for all equipment present on rig in coordination with client representatives.
- The senior level directional driller or a slant wellbore driller is responsible for drilling a wellbore at a predetermined well trajectory, angle and horizontal direction so as to intersect a subsurface target.
- This position is responsible for drilling the off vertical portion of the wellbore as per the drilling program.
- This position is also responsible for drilling the well at a certain deviation in a horizontal direction from the vertical direction to yield the most possible gain.
- Collaborate with various departments to manage work flows for all rig projects and ensure efficient working of same and prepare schedules for all test activities on drilling rig.
- Prepare rig maintenance strategies and perform regular inspection on all drilling requirements and assist to purchase all equipment to ensure appropriate maintenance
- Ensure safety in work areas at all times according to required standards and provide required training to all trainees and assess performance and administer all drilling rig operations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience preferred
- Previous Bakken experience preferred
- This position requires minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.