Arlington, Texas, United States
Arlington, Texas, United States
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Arlington, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
U.S Energy Development Corporation is actively seeking an experienced Geologist for a position in our Arlington, TX office. The incumbent will be responsible for duties related to the development of the company's current prospect inventory. U.S. Energy is also very active in acquisitions, therefore the responsibilities will also include industry deal screening and evaluation within company focus areas. The candidate will be required to handle multiple geological projects in various basins, and perform high quality, integrated project evaluations (operated and non-operated) in a timely manner.
- Candidate will be responsible for all the geological aspects of prospect evaluations, subsurface/formation evaluations, well planning, and relevant drilling & completions activities.
- Thorough understanding of the Permian/Delaware Basin and Eagle Ford, unconventional resource attributes and horizontal well development is essential.
- Responsible for the mapping and interpretation of existing assets in the Permian and Eagle Ford to maximize development of existing acreage.
- Identification of primary drilling target and target window definition for each proposed well.
- Oversight and coordination of third-party geosteering.
- Collaborate with Reservoir & Production engineers in well planning
- Candidate will be the responsible geologist during drilling operations.
- Monitor day-to-day drilling operations of the rigs
- Provide geologic prognosis and well logging programs, along with analysis and mitigating of potential geohazards.
- Identification of bolt-on acreage and acquisition opportunities to grow existing areas of development.
- Interpret and/or generate appropriate maps utilizing subsurface and/or seismic data for project evaluation.
- Screen and evaluate industry generated prospects, as well as potential acquisition and divestiture opportunities.
- Review and assess competitor activity in corporate areas of interest.
- Ability to prepare and effectively communicate technical information and recommendations to management.
- Oversee and mentor staff geologist.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- M.S. in Geology preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in E&P.
- Experience in multiple basins, particularly in resource plays. Permian and/or Eagle Ford experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including Petra or an equivalent geological interpretation program.
Self-motivated individual with ability to manage a substantial workload.
Able to work independently as well as effectively in a multi-discipline team setting.
Candidate must be a driven individual motivated to succeed.
Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time.
Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at the same time.
Energetic, self-motivated, hardworking and detail-oriented.