BP's Pacific Northwest operations are primarily in Whatcom County, near Blaine, Washington. That is the home of Cherry Point refinery, one of the most modern refineries in the U.S. and the largest in Washington. It supplies about 20 percent of Washington's gasoline needs and fuels four out of every five planes at the Seattle/Tacoma Airport (SEATAC). Commercial optimization and product growth strategies are increasingly dependent on faster and better access to information and analysis. As a result, BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models.
This role leads the IT&S functions for the refinery and is the onsite Single Point of Contact for IT&S:
- Leads a team of 9 local refinery individuals who provide technology expertise in supporting mobile devices, printers, local networks and application subject matter expertise.
Develops integrated roadmaps of global, regional, local refining and enterprise deployments with a goal towards driving value in support of the refinery business improvement plans
Responsible for leading/supporting the delivery of IT projects portfolio
- Drive business process change, assist business with resource planning, management of change, training and communications
- Manage site IT governance process and stakeholder relationships
Manage site IT&S budget, including integrated cost management
- Responsible for maintaining refinery IT risks and mitigations and participate in OMS compliance audits
- Support site support of IT incidents and work closely with site Cyber Ambassadors to promote cyber awareness and support
: Be a high-performing technical individual who supports the individuals working in our cross-functional squads. Developing the capability of your teams to deliver the most agile and commercially cost-effective solutions is one of your top priorities. Demonstrated leadership through delegation, motivation and trust are expected of every leader at BP. You will not just lead, but you will "do". Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day. You will ensure personal and team compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate your leadership through BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.Relationships:
You will act as the main interface for all facets of Business Analysis within your area of accountability. You will develop and maintain a series of internal and external stakeholder relationships, delivering expertise knowledge to support project delivery. The role requires thought leadership, ability to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way. You manage dependencies, risks and issues across teams using scrum of scrum techniques for effective mitigation.Business Analysis:
You will lead the product, solution roadmap and vision requirements via expertise and Agile business analysis principles. You will define and write User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming. You will help define sprint goals and facilitate Agile ceremonies to ensure objectives are met. You will make sure that what has been delivered meets the stated user story acceptance criteria.
You facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team using scrum of scrum techniques for mitigation. Organising sprint reviews to provide visibility and collect feedback will also be one of your priorities.Safety and Compliance:
Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.Essential Education
- You are educated to degree-level and/or have equivalent relevant work experience.
- You are an Agile business analysis/Agile analysis Practitioner.
- You are a Practitioner of design thinking.
- Business Analysis
- IT Management
- Methods & Tools
- Relationship Management
- Requirements Definition and Management
- Business Modelling
- Business Process Improvement
- Technical Specialism
- User Design Analysis
- Project Management
- Systems Design
- Data Management and Data Science
- Digital innovation
Leadership and EQ
- You bring specialist knowledge of a particular solution, product, technology and/or business domain.
- You're a strategic thinker who can influence the long-term strategy of products and teams.
- Data Management and Data Science.
- Digital innovation.
- You always empower people - encouraging positive team morale and ensuring that every team member with expertise has the power to make decisions, at the lowest possible level.
- You always get the basics right, from quality development conversations to recognition and ongoing performance feedback. You can develop, coach, mentor and inspire others.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and ensure your team does too. You also demonstrate strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- You create an environment where people listen and can speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are an effective team player, naturally looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, and building trust-based relationships with leaders and employees across IT&S and BP.
- You are self-aware and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- You apply judgment and common sense at scale - you use insight and good judgment to deliver commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Cultural fluency - you operate across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
- Provide ongoing feedback to your employee tree, both formally and informally, with the aim of supporting their performance and development within the Chapter
- Coach and mentor to help build domain experience amongst peers